100 East End Avenue
About Chapin School:
The Chapin School, Ltd. (the “School”) located in New York City, was established in 1901 as an independent day school for young women in kindergarten through the 12th grade.
Director of Alumnae Affairs, and Director of Annual Giving
The Chapin School Advancement department is a fast paced office that serves the entire school community. The Advancement Associate maintains various databases for the Advancement Department and administratively supports a highly productive fundraising office. This position is a good fit for someone who is looking to gain experience in non-profit fundraising.
· Gift and acknowledgement processing; entering and maintaining donor records
· Monitoring phones for the office
· Greet visitors to the office
· Coordinate mailings for initiatives and events
· Support Advancement events
· Responsible for scheduling of appointments between department members and constituents
· General administrative duties such as filing, creating spreadsheets, data entry and report running
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1-2 years previous work experience preferred
· Working knowledge of using The Raiser's Edge database
· Proficiency in basic computer applications, Microsoft Office (including mail merge), Mac operating system and standard office equipment with ability and willingness to adapt and acquire new technical skills
· Experience maintaining confidentiality and discretion
Knowledge and skills
· Accuracy, meticulous attention to detail and ability to follow through
· Excellent organizational skills with particular ability to multitask and prioritize work
· Successful candidate will have a strong sense of humor
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Flexible to collaborate with people of all work styles
The Chapin School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, familial status, caregiver status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, actual or perceived domestic violence victim status, military status, unemployment status, or any other category protected by law in administration of its hiring practices.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Advancement Associate" in the subject line.