The Bridge mission is to change lives, by offering help, hope and opportunity to the most vulnerable in our community. We offer a comprehensive range of evidence-based rehabilitative services, including mental health and substance abuse treatment, housing, vocational training and job placement, healthcare, education and creative art therapies. Bridge services are tailored to each individual we serve to support their recovery and independent living goals. Thousands of men and women have benefited from Bridge services, helping them lead more productive, independent and satisfying lives. To learn more about The Bridge, go to www.thebridgeny.org
The Bridge is seeking Case Managers for one of its new residential locations in the Bronx.
Scope of Position :
Under the supervision of the Program Director the Case Managers will be responsible for provide supportive services to formerly homeless adults diagnosed with serious mental illness who are living in independent apartments. The Case Manager will assist in identifying client strengths, needs, abilities, and goals and create related service plans in electronic client records systems (AWARDS/TMS/MAVEN). The Case Manger will assist and encourage clients to develop natural supports and include these supports in Support Plans and client related meetings. The Case Manager will hold individual meetings as well as co-facilitate groups in areas including but not limited to wellness, leadership, housing, stability, employment and education, relationships, vocational, and healthy decision making while completing timely documentation in accordance with agency policy.
Essential Position Functions :
- Provide case management, including benefits assistance, help complete housing applications, provide links to primary and behavioral health care in the community, and housing referrals to formerly homeless adults diagnosed with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders.
- Assist in identifying strengths, needs, abilities, and goals and create related Support Plans in electronic client records system.
- Motivate clients to develop skills needed to maintain housing. Assist and encourage individuals to develop natural supports and include these supports in Support Plans and client related meetings
- Timely completion of required documentation for every client contact as per agency policy. Ensure documentation meets regulatory guidelines for level of care.
- Co-facilitate groups if requested in areas including but not limited to wellness, leadership, housing, stability, employment and education, relationships, and healthy decision making.
- Assist in preparing program for audits.
- Provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
- Compliance with requirements, including facilitating appropriate admissions and discharges, maintaining census, documentation and incident reporting
- Liaise with other departments and outside agencies.
- Ability to work with consumers/residents, families, and staff in a caring and respectful manner, and with due understanding of and consideration for cultural differences.
- Conduct apartment inspections on multiple floors, utilizing stairs. Provide escorts to clients throughout the community utilizing public transportation.
- Immediately reports serious incidents, serious incident allegations, incidents, or sensitive situations to supervisors. Completes incident reports in accordance with Bridge policy. Accounts for consumers, performs diligent searches, and files missing person reports on consumers not accounted for in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision and training as required
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Experience working with mental health, crisis intervention and managing trauma triggered behavior. Excellent time management skills; stress resistant, flexible; team player; open to feedback; creative; excellent organizational skills; willingness to perform CPR/First Aid/AED/CPI/Naloxone. Preferred knowledge of AWARDS.
Excellent compensation package
Minimum Education Required