39 W 19th Street, 5th Fl
About the Job
The Communications Manager and Special Assistant to CEO will play a pivotal role in elevating Urban Arts Partnership’s communications and marketing efforts in order to improve UAP’s ability to tell its story. Reporting to the CEO the CMSA will execute UAP’s communications plan - both internal and external - partner with organizational stakeholders to develop marketing assets, and provide targeted support to the CEO in order to create capacity and extend his bandwidth. This is a major opportunity to be involved in crafting UAP’s story, work across departments, and lead special projects. The ideal candidate will be a self starter of high integrity, an excellent writer and storyteller, and have strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the CEO and Creative Team on storytelling initiatives, such as writing projects, speaking engagements, and videos,
- Partner with the Development Team to maximize CEO’s engagement with donors,
- Partner with the CEO and Board Chair to manage and inspire the Board of Directors,
- Oversee the management of UAP’s websites and social media channels,
- In collaboration with the Director of Organizational Learning and Impact Measurement, oversee the creation of the annual impact report, newsletters and donor materials,
- Provide day to day logistical support to the CEO,
- Collaborate with the Creative Team on developing marketing assets and social media toolkits for staff and board,
- Help key staff with external presentation materials as needed,
- Attend Board meetings and take minutes,
- Occasionally draft correspondences on behalf of CEO,
- Develop and update UAP’s press kit,
- Work with external PR firms to secure press coverage.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven ability to effectively present before multiple audiences;
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, marked by humility, respect and inquisitiveness;
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage concurrent projects under tight timelines;
- Self-starter who works well independently and with minimal guidance, but also a team player;
- Strong and evident belief in the mission and core values of UAP.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required