Details: $4500 monthly stipend
Do you think Washington should lead the nation with smart, progressive policies to build strong families, a secure middle class, and a better future for our kids?
Do you want a political climate that supports bold progressive leadership and demands accountability?
Do you want to bring your valuable technical skills to progressive campaigns and organizations working to make people’s lives better?
Fuse Washington is hiring a Digital and Technology Fellow to join our Communications Hub team. The fellowship is a 6-month position that will mix training and mentorship with hands-on campaign experience. This person will provide technical assistance and digital support to Fuse and other progressive organizations. The fellow will also engage partner organizations in a technical audit and research project to explore strategies and tools that strengthen the progressive movement’s online organizing, digital communications, and data management.
This position is based in Seattle, Washington and will work closely with to the Communications Hub Director and Web Developer and Technology Manager.
· Work with Fuse staff and outside experts to engage partner organizations in a technical audit and research project that identifies the challenges, opportunities, and strengths of the progressive movement’s data, digital, and technical infrastructure.
· Provide technical assistance and online communications support to partner organizations that strengthens their ability to organize activists online, manage data systems, and communicate using the latest digital platforms and tool.
· Help organize trainings and workshops for Fuse’s partner organizations.
· Create a centralized technical dashboard for organizations to access services, tools, and on-demand support.
· Provide IT technical support and assistance on both PC and Apple platforms to Fuse staff.
· Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Collaborative and thrives working in a team setting
· Strong problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Self-directed (have questions, seek solutions first)
· Excellent attention to detail and data
· A curiosity to learn and a good sense of humor
· Personal passion for undoing institutional racism and advancing social, environmental, and economic justice
· Knowledge of database design and implementation experience and SQL
· Experience with content management solutions such as Drupal or WordPress
· Experience with analysis of data and technical systems
· Familiarity with CRM platforms such as Mailchimp, Salsa, Actionkit, etc.
· Familiarity with the voter databases and other politically related digital tools such as VAN and EveryAction
This is a temporary, six-month contract with a monthly stipend of $4,500.
About Fuse and the Communications Hub:
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state's largest progressive organization - people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kind of electoral and policy wins that build a just society, an economy that works for all of us, and a better world for the next generation. We focus on four basic strategies to achieve our goals: 1) adding more people to the most important progressive campaigns, 2) delivering the stories that move people, 3) increasing accountability and promoting leadership with elected officials, and 4) strategically targeting the obstacles to progress.
The Communications Hub is a statewide communications capacity building program housed at Fuse Washington. We act as a communications “toolshed” for the progressive movement – working with progressive campaigns and organizations tell a more powerful story. We do this by providing communications and technical support, storytelling training and coaching, and direct staffing capacity to strengthen advocacy campaigns. We work on a variety of progressive issues, but our current top priorities are limiting the influence of big money in politics, increasing participation in our democracy, and cleaning up Washington’s upside-down tax code.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter highlighting what interests you specifically about this position with the subject line “Digital and Technology Fellow” to jobs at fusewashington dot org.
We will consider applications as they arrive, with a priority on applications received by August 3rd. No phone calls, please. Send all questions regarding this position to Spencer Olson at spencer at fusewashington dot org. Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA persons, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.