Full Time Contract
Details: Salary commensurate with experience
1601 5th Ave, Suite #1900
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Location: Downtown Seattle
About Seattle International Foundation
Seattle International Foundation (SIF) supports worldwide poverty alleviation efforts through grant- making and other activities, with a strategic focus on Central America. SIF was founded in 2008 as a supporting organization to Seattle Foundation for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and development efforts from the Pacific Northwest and to serve as a resource to the community.
Since 2008, SIF has granted more than $20 million to 219 high impact organizations in 71 countries, including $12 million in grants to Central America. SIF has offices in Seattle, Mexico City, and Tegucigalpa. To learn more about the Seattle International Foundation, visit our homepage at www.seaif.org
What’s the opportunity?
The Communications Coordinator will be incorporated into SIF’s small, but dynamic team based in Seattle. The Coordinator will lead and execute SIF’s strategic communications, including events communications, and manage and coordinate existing platforms, such as social media, newsletters, blog posts, and websites.
SIF is a fast-paced environment where the Communications Coordinator must be able to multi-task, process situations and requests quickly, and adapt to changing needs and evolving projects. The ideal candidate is an accomplished and creative communications practitioner with three plus years of experience; they are eager join the foundation and passionate about global development and social justice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Deputy Director to set communications strategy and project planning; establish and manage processes for external communications strategy; implement communications strategy
- Curate, write, edit, and update web and print content for diverse audiences. Content includes monthly blog posts, brochures, newsletters, fact sheets, feature articles, presentations, social media campaigns and posts, web pages, websites, and more. Occasional translation may be required.
- Develop marketing and social media strategies; use social media data and analytics to make key-decisions about communications and outreach priorities and strategies
- Collaborate with graphic designer to build a comprehensive graphics suite for events and additional marketing materials as needed; support the planning and coordination of marketing for the annual Central America Donors Forum, the Foundation’s largest event in Central America
- Build a multi-platform communications strategy to market the Central America Donors Forum amongst partners, participants, sponsors, and other key stakeholders
- Lead the creation and management of a new SIF website
- Maintain websites and media platforms including social media (Facebook, Twitter), Canva, Mailchimp, Vimeo, Flickr
- Work directly with videographers, web designers, and graphic designers to carry out SIF's vision
- Assist with brand management and coordinate style guidelines
- Draft speeches for leadership and develop talking points for foundation programs
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, international development, marketing or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in communications
- Experience planning, creating, and managing digital and print content
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and editing skills
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish
- Strong understanding of topics related to Central America and international development
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- Experience with Adobe Contribute, WordPress, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Time management skills, including ability to work independently and efficiently, manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Creative, enthusiastic, dependable, positive, self-starting.
- Must be U.S. citizen or have legal authority to work in U.S.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Seattle, WA. Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits package, including medical, dental, 401k and other benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in spoken and written Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter explaining why your experience and background makes you an excellent candidate for this position to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until April 23, 2018. Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email (i.e. “Jane Doe – Communications Coordinator”). Applications from candidates who do not follow these instructions will not be reviewed. Only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, SIF is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. SIF does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.