As the Business Development Senior Manager for Coffee, you will lead Fair Trade USA’s (FTUSA) management of Keurig Green Mountain (KGM), the world’s largest buyer of Fair Trade Certified coffee. You will be responsible for developing strong relationships across key individuals at all levels of the KGM organization, gaining a full understanding of their needs, developing and delivering to them on a multitude of service initiatives, and further establishing FTUSA as a trusted and highly valued partner of theirs. You will collaborate with the FTUSA management team to establish a growth platform, identifying business opportunities, setting and communicating priorities and coordinating appropriate resources to achieve desired results. You will ultimately be responsible for owning and delivering on volume, producer impact, revenue, and partner satisfaction targets.
This position can be based out of our Oakland office, or based remotely with frequent travel to our Oakland office and elsewhere.
- Maintain and develop FTUSA’s relationship across KGM’s Marketing, Communications, Trading, and Sustainability teams, to drive Fair Trade commitment and future sales.
- Provide solutions and support to complex account management, ensuring active participation of the appropriate FTUSA supporting functions.
- Manage short and long-term projects pertaining to clients’ supply chains, business needs, and marketing initiatives
- Navigate the business needs of the client with regard to our available products and services, to help inform our internal team and organization’s strategy
- Highlight risks and opportunities for delivering revenue and impact growth targets
- Ensure clients are supported and able to comply with all Fair Trade standards and policies
- Play an active role on projects and programs determined to be priority for the organization and important to the overall success of Business Development
- Represent Fair Trade USA at industry and consumer trade shows, conferences and events both domestically and internationally
- Maintain records of communications and activities in SalesForce (CRM database)
- Assist with cross-departmental activities to ensure the smooth operation of the organization (e.g., external communication strategy, opportunity management processes, process improvement)
- Identify new growth opportunities for partners’ existing Fair Trade products in various channels, convert existing products to Fair Trade, and support product development for new Fair Trade products
- Work with Coffee Supply Chain team to identify programs and initiatives to provide value to partners, including program development, education and training, and relevant information about challenges and opportunities for producers in coffee growing countries
- Utilize current data sources to provide valuable business analysis to our internal team and business partners and participate in efforts to continuously improve FTUSA insights, research, and data-driven decision making processes
- Support the development of targeting strategies for new potential partners within the JAB family of companies
- Support the development of FTUSA staff’s partner management talent with capabilities to deliver against current and future requirements.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 5 years of sales or account management experience within the Coffee industry
- Exceptional customer service background, supported by proven success with large clients (i.e. > $100 million/year in sales) and customers
- Strong project management abilities and achievements, with previous examples of ability to work across diverse business teams
- Analytical skills with an ability to manage budgets and provide highly accurate customer forecasts
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Specific experience with business communications and content creation (traditional and digital)
- Generous knowledge of the coffee industry, on the production, supply chain, and business sides
- Knowledge of private label grocery industry highly preferred
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to think quickly, adapt to dynamic work streams and evolving business needs
- An entrepreneurial spirit: ability to think creatively and leverage external resources to complete tasks
- Must be able to prioritize work, problem solve, and handle detail-oriented projects in a systematic and highly organized manner
- Highly proficient with PC computers and Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel
- Prior experience working with a CRM system, (i.e. Salesforce) is preferred
- A passion to make a difference in the world, and alignment with the Fair Trade USA mission
- Willingness to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
- Intelligent, sharp, yet thoughtful and a good listener
- Solutions-oriented and curious
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and ability to work fluidly across a diverse population
- Incredibly thorough and able to complete projects efficiently
- Confident and able to advocate both internally and externally for the needs of our clients and our team
- Strong communicator with deep appreciation for diversity of thought and perspective
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter to the attention of Ben Corey-Moran, Vice President, Coffee.