2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Communications Specialist in our Development Department: Under the supervision of the Public Policy and Communications Manager, the Communications Specialist will help build and maintain YouthCare’s brand and reach with all external-facing audiences. Success in this role requires excellent writing, project management, brand management, and social media skills to ensure for YouthCare’s ongoing visibility, influence, and leadership. This position will manage communications involving donors, prospective volunteers, and the media through our website, collateral, e-communications, and social media. The position is part of a robust Development and Communications Team and requires an unwavering commitment to our mission and a dedication to teamwork and collaboration.
Successful candidates will have:
- 2 or more years of experience in communications, marketing, media relations, leading social media tools, writing, project management, or development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while remaining focused on the needs of the young people we serve.
- Excellent communication skills and impeccable follow-through.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive relationships with internal staff members and external constituents.
- Ability to effectively represent YouthCare's mission and commitment to social justice in communication materials and in the community.
- Unwavering commitment to the mission of YouthCare and the young people we serve.
- Self-starter and team player.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Communications Specialist