Details: We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! Crossroads offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Boston and Eastern MA
The Crossroads Postsecondary Success Manager is focused on designing and implementing systems to support C5 Leader program participants and alumni to explore, select and succeed in their chosen college or career pathway. The manager will oversee the planning and enactment of opportunities for college and career exploration, with an emphasis on personalized guidance to prepare our young people for the transition from high school to college/the workplace. The manager will supervise the Postsecondary Success Initiative Coordinator, tasked with supporting participants and alumni, by providing consistent management, support, and feedback.
Each C5 Leader will be supported to develop an individualized action plan to guide their progress through the process of exploring, applying to and selecting the postsecondary option that is the best fit for their needs and aspirations. In addition, the manager will direct development and execution of a strategy to support C5 Leader graduates in the first two years of their chosen college/career pathway.
The ideal candidate for this position has a background in college access and/or college success advising as well as staff management. This individual must possess strategic planning skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills. S/he must have a demonstrated interest in serving low-income and first generation college bound students and be dedicated to supporting our young people to and through college/early career professional certification.
Primary Responsibilities Include
● Lead and refine our C5 Leaders college and career exploration, application and selection efforts, including the facilitation of workshops, college visits, career panels, job shadows, financial aid advising, academic coaching and family engagement
● Collaborate with the program team to ensure organizational culture and practices align across program areas
● Manage and support the postsecondary coordinator in the facilitation of overnight/weekend Postsecondary Pathway events and one to one coaching for postsecondary success
● Manage a caseload of participants by providing guidance/coaching focused on high school completion, creation of college application checklists, college application support, financial aid and college/job training enrollment
● Engage in data collection and analysis to support data informed practices
● Engage families in supporting students through the facilitation of college and career planning, access and affordability workshops
● Collaborate with organizational partners to leverage opportunities for student success
● Continue to evaluate participant needs as they graduate from high school to support continued persistence in college and career plans.
● Manage and oversee 1:1 coaching, check-ins, group sessions and data collection from program graduates in the first two years of their chosen postsecondary pathway.
● Bachelor’s degree
● At least three years of college counseling experience in Massachusetts (strongly preferred)
● Experience working with underserved students and families
● Deep familiarity with Boston/Brockton educational landscape (Preferred)
● At least two years of adult management experience (Strongly Preferred)
● Ability to analyze and interpret program performance data and make data-driven adjustments to maximize impact
● Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals and to initiate process improvements
● Goal-oriented, with strong initiative and creative problem-solving skills
● Flexible and willing to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own department
● Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
● Strong achievement orientation with exceptional time management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
● Unquestioned integrity and commitment to Crossroads’ mission and values
Location: Boston and Eastern, MA
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter, describing your interest in this role and outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to Joanne Fay at email@example.com.
Crossroads is committed to equal treatment for all individuals. Crossroads does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.