ProPublica is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and well-organized professional to join the New York headquarters as the Development Manager. The Manager will report to the Director of Development and work in close partnership with a Development team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in managing the Salesforce database and overseeing development operations, including streamlining how gifts are solicited, processed, acknowledged and tracked. The Development Manager will be responsible for gift entry, data clean-up and donor queries by phone and email. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team that works for a professional and rapidly growing nonprofit on the frontline of digital journalism. We’re looking for a creative problem solver to bring our operations to the next level of efficiency in keeping with the growth of ProPublica.
Donor Database Management:
· Maintain data quality and security in Salesforce database.
· Develop and maintain a suite of revenue and donor management reports.
· Work closely with ProPublica’s Salesforce consultant to maximize integration with Apsona, Pardot and Classy. Experience with those tools is not required, but some familiarity with electronic communications tools is a plus.
· Import gift information into Salesforce from third-party sources.
· Log gifts received by mail in Salesforce.
· Process acknowledgement letters.
· Produce mailing lists for marketing and fundraising activities, including campaign tracking in Salesforce as needed.
· Assist development staff with print mailings, in-house and in partnership with a mail house.
· Manage matching gift inquiries, confirmations and paperwork.
· Provide frontline customer service for donors, fielding urgent phone and email queries.
· As needed, provide general administrative support to the development staff, including scheduling and facilitating weekly development team meetings.
The ideal candidate is required to have a bachelor’s degree, strong fundraising database experience, understanding of fundraising operations and solid communication skills. Experience with Salesforce NPSP, especially reporting and importing gift information, is a plus. The Development Manager must be able to balance database management and daily development operations. The ability to take initiative, coordinate with others and follow through in a dynamic and highly confidential environment is a must. Excellent organizational ability demonstrated in meeting deadlines, setting priorities, maintaining data accuracy and working in cooperative but self-directed manner are also critical. A demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel, is essential. Our team works hard and laughs hard, so a sense of humor is also appreciated.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover note on the link above by July 1, 2018.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProPublica is committed to diversity and especially encourages members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.
Salary and benefits are competitive.