Details: Competitive salary and benefits offered.
2001 Mississippi Ave., SE
The incumbent is responsible for the research, development and production of grants and contract proposals to federal agencies, corporations, and foundations. Responsible for identifying new sources of funding and sustaining relationships with current funders. Work collaboratively with program directors to identify and develop proposals. Ensure efficient grants acquisition, implementation, and renewal process. Lead development of system to integrate development and finance protocol for grants. Implement and supervise agency-wide comprehensive grants management system to ensure deadlines, outcomes, and deliverables are all achieved. Assist development department in annual corporate, government, and religious community campaigns. Work with development staff to ensure all activities are performed in a manner that reflects the mission, philosophy and policies of Covenant House.
Summary of Duties:
- Oversee research of corporations and foundation prospects and ensure development of proposals for submission to appropriate prospects.
- Research funding opportunities that align with the CHW strategic plan. Develop a balance of program and general operating support funding streams.
- Attend program staff meetings to provide information on grant opportunities and to discuss process for application.
- Attend pre-application meetings as needed.
- Identify opportunities and develop proposals for submission to district and federal government agencies for services consistent with the CH Mission and Vision for presentation to program staff and lead development of proposals from RFP announcement through submission. Communicate with staff to ensure all proposal deadlines are met and that each proposal is of the highest quality.
- Coordinate program staff for preparation of reports to funders and production of reports according to guidelines.
- Prepare staff for funder meetings and cultivate relationships with program staff at foundations and partner organizations.
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals including narratives, budget, and supporting documentation, and manage proposal submissions.
- Manage database of all grants submitted and received, as well as reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain up to date budget expenditure sheets to ensure that grant funds are used appropriately.
- Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful corporate, government, and foundation relationships.
- Develop a calendar of future funding opportunities and renewal grants.
- Assist Compliance Specialists and program staff to assemble ETO data to be used in grant proposals and grant progress reports.
- Assist Compliance Specialists and program staff to assemble ETO data for submission to Covenant House International.
- Assist Development and Communications teams with information related to the Annual report and other communication materials.
- Work closely with Director of Development & External Affairs on annual corporate and church community campaigns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience in the field of development with a focus on grants management
- Experience in government, corporate, foundation and major donor solicitation.
- Experience writing grant proposals.
- Experience in evaluation, designing, implementing and interpreting monitoring systems and outcome evaluations of human service programs and efforts.
- Experience in researching design and statistical methods; 2) designing questionnaires, surveys, and data collection forms; 3) collecting and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data; 4) locating and summarizing information from key sources; and 5) collecting and interpreting data on youth behavior.
- Computer literacy. Proficient in Windows environment.
- Knowledge of ETapestry and/or Raiser’s Edge software or other similar resource development database applications helpful. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe applications. Excellent organizational, management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of government grants reporting requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a range or staff with a variety of interests and backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound understanding of basic resource development principles and ethics.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Considerable concentration.
- Moderate interruptions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Moderate traveling between sites.
- Moderate sitting and eyestrain.
- Light standing, walking, bending and lifting.
Minimum Education Required