10510 Culver Boulevard
Social Media Manager
Agitator. Troublemaker. Rabble-Rouser. Rebel. Revolutionary. If you’ve ever been called any of these words, then you may be just what we’re looking for.
Join the resistance! Brave New Films is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager with a genuine – and proven! – passion for progressive issues. The Social Media Manager will drive strategy, daily content curation and creation, and engagement with the goal of expanding the reach and impact of Brave New Films’ content.
The successful candidate must answer YES to ALL of these questions:
- Are you passionate about making an impact?
- Are you obsessed with politics and want to work where you can make a difference?
- Do you want to use film to connect the dots to structural, systemic issues?
- Can you NOT get caught up in the outrage of the moment, but go beyond it?
- Are you an expert in social media strategy?
- Do you love creating compelling content?
- Are you a big picture thinker who thrives on experimenting and taking risks?
- At least 3 years of experience in social media management
- Conversant with major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Exceptional communication skills and a deep understanding of the voice, tone and style of each platform
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Ability to research and digest complex issues quickly and effectively
- Organized, ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Flexible and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working within a highly collaborative team
- Passion for social justice and activism, and an urgent desire to use film as a tool for social change
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation and more.
Brave New Films provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Submit a resume, cover letter, and examples of work (see below) to: BNFSocialMediaJob@bravenewfilms.org
Cover letter: We are looking for a political junkie and social justice advocate. In your cover letter, please say why you think you’d be a great fit for Brave New Films, and discuss how you stay on top of the current political news and how you’ve worked to influence public attitudes and policy.
Examples of work:
- Share a link to at least 1 of each of the following – Facebook page, Twitter account, Instagram account, YouTube channel – that you both created content for and administered for a business, media outlet, or non-profit organization.
- Give us a brief description of each and help us understand your contributions and level of involvement.
Deadline to Apply is November 5, 2018