Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Objective: To ensure that Middlesex Human Service Agency’s bills are paid on time and that all invoices are verified for accuracy.
Scope: The accounts payable person is responsible for the timely payment of bills and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
Program: Finance Department
Schedule: 8:30am - 4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
Compensation: 50k /yr
· Receiving, opening and logging invoices.
· Securing department approvals to pay invoices.
· Paying verified invoices on time.
· Handling any discrepancy or disputes regarding invoices.
· Reimbursing employees for mileage and approved expenses.
· Reimbursing and tracking petty cash allotments to each Program.
· Paying all rent and utility bills for Scattered Sites/Congregate Programs.
· Maintaining spreadsheets for rent and utility payments.
· Maintain accounting ledgers by reconciling and posting account transactions.
· Abide by all MHSA policies regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
· Attend in-service and outside training and instruction as directed by the CFO.
· Various other responsibilities, periodically assigned by the CFO, or as needed, to ensure the proper operation of the Agency.
· Associates Degree, Bachelor’s preferred.
· Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
· Excellent computer skills and Excel formatting ability.
· Knowledge of accounting software.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
· Reliable attendance and punctual reporting for work.
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package for Full Time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.