Founded in 1976, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating disparities within the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy and educating the public. Our primary focus areas are Education, Public Health, Economic Empowerment, and the Environment. Applicants may visit the website at www.cbcfinc.org, to view more information on CBCF programs and initiatives.
Reporting to the President & CEO and serving as an integral member of the Executive office, the Manager of Congressional Relations will serve as a liaison between the CBCF and the congressional offices. Primary duties include congressional office outreach, relationship development, planning and coordinating administrative functions.
- Serve as a liaison between congressional offices and the CBCF
- Work with CBCF colleagues to identify and coordinate member participation in CBCF program and events
- Maintain lists of key stakeholders and Member office personnel to collaborate/facilitate meetings/events
- Assist with external communication to ensure message continuity
- Manage operational needs for congressional and strategic partnerships
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Stakeholder management skills required to promote service and engagement around CBCF’s initiatives
- Excellent networking and cultivation skills to develop partnerships
- In concert with the MarCom, coordinate website content and functionality to enhance membership and strategic partnership programs.
- Ability to effectively present (written and verbal) information to CBCF management and colleagues, as well as external stakeholders. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, solve practical problems and bring “new ideas” which improve and enhance productivity and the department’s ability to effectively execute.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned.
Required Special Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and to lead and balance work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Program planning, implementation and evaluation experience preferred.
- Demonstrated facility with managing, facilitating and presenting to committees, trainings and groups.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and positive, can-do attitude.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCURACY/ACCOUNTABILITY
The incumbent must follow and adhere to federal, state and local ethics laws, as well as CBCF policies governing conduct. Failure to comply may result in penalties for the organization and incumbent.
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience at a corporation, congressional office, foundation, or nonprofit organization. Demonstrated interest in CBCF’s vision and mission. Knowledge of Capitol Hill, public policy, federal legislative process, and political environment is preferred. Must demonstrate knowledge, understanding and required management necessary to accomplish numerous responsibilities of the position. . Experience in relationship management and administrative support for a corporation, foundation, NGO and/or charitable organization.
- Skills and Abilities: Exceptional written and oral communication skills, excellent time management, planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail. Creative problem solver and results oriented; exceptional organizational skills and work independently or as part of a team. Solid interpersonal skills using tact, patience and due diligence with the ability to build and maintain relationships with members of CBCF management team and external stakeholders. Telephone techniques and courtesy are essential.
- Computer and Technical Proficiencies: Proficient with CRM software is preferred. Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and overall aptitude for technology are required. Ability to write, prepare and present reports and business correspondence, Proficiency with telecommunications devices such as Iphone, and Androids.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, ability to work long hours and weekends as needed. Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous priorities. Consistent attendance is a job requirement. Work levels to fluctuate with mailings, fundraising events and or quarterly Board and Corporate Advisory Council meetings.
CBCF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403(b), paid vacation and sick time. Qualified applicants only must forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references using CBCF’s online employment portal only. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Position is open until filled. No phone calls accepted.