1090 Vermont Ave NW
The Membership and Events Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support for NAF’s various programs. The incumbent will work most closely with the membership department and also with teams across the organization on behalf of NAF in frequent interaction with NAF members, non-NAF member clinics, individual abortion providers, and leaders in the medical and reproductive health communities. The bulk of the responsibilities for the Membership and Events Coordinator will be with the membership team with additional support provided across NAF for meetings, training, and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Membership Director and Manager to provide administrative support across the membership department:
- Responds to member inquiries and ensuring member satisfaction with NAF
- Processes new member applications
- Improves member familiarity and usage of members-only website
- Helps maintain accuracy of membership database
- Assists in the development of membership policies and procedures
- Coordinates and promotes communication amongst NAF departments regarding membership changes and projects
- Provides support to the Training & Education Department as necessary leading up to and including at NAF meetings
- Arranges materials and logistics (in office & onsite) for state provider coalition meetings, Annual meeting, and regional meeting
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 1-2 years of related professional experience with customer service or membership organizations, preferably for the reproductive health community
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and prioritize diverse and detailed tasks with moderate supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records and data
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse groups and comfortable acting as first point of contact for NAF’s members and potential members
- Patience, flexibility, and adaptability when dealing with high-pressure situations and on-the-spot changes and challenges
- Experience with Cvent and NetForum preferred
- Normal demands associated with an office environment
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face
- Some travel is required
Salary is competitive with similar entry level positions in the public interest sector. National Abortion Federation (NAF) offers and excellent benefits package.
NAF is an equal opportunity employer and desires to build a strong diverse staff that is inclusive of race, gender/gnc, ethnicity, class, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, and age. The position is located in Washington, DC and will remain open until filled.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and a resume outlining their interest in the position and overall fit to the position. The cover letter should clearly outline the candidate's commitment to a person's right to choose abortion care and show a strong commitment to bodily autonomy. The cover letter should also include salary requirements.