LOCATION: Miami, FL
CLOSE: Until filled
CONTACT: Viviana Green, Senior Director, Affiliate Engagement
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The UnidosUS Affiliate Engagement Coordinator supports the regional initiative of strengthening UnidosUS’s relationship with its Affiliate Network. This position is responsible for the day-to-day communications with UnidosUS’s Southeast and Northeast regional Affiliates; ensure timely responsiveness from UnidosUS staff working with assigned Affiliates; promote active participation in UnidosUS events by the regional network; ensure appropriate documentation and record-keeping of Affiliate relationships and engagement; and handle other related duties to support the work of UnidosUS, Affiliate Engagement, and the Affiliate Engagement Senior Director. The Affiliate Engagement Coordinator will ensure that internal Affiliate records and files are accurate, complete, and that the required Affiliate membership maintenance processes are systematically carried out on an annual basis.
The Affiliate Engagement Coordinator reports to the Affiliate Engagement Senior Director and serve as a liaison between the Affiliate Engagement component and UnidosUS’s Civic Engagement and Health teams. This involves staying up-to-date on UnidosUS’s health and civic engagement policy priorities; having a base-line understanding of UnidosUS’s health and civic engagement programs; and communicating priorities to programs.
Membership Management & Affiliation
· Maintain and regularly update the database of Affiliate contacts, and coordinate information with the Affiliate Engagement team.
· Support the Affiliate Engagement team on general Affiliate activities, such as the Affiliate application process, Affiliate recertification process, and Affiliate communications.
· Collaborate with the Affiliate Engagement team to maintain up-to-date compliance of Affiliates (including collection of dues, signing of memoranda of understanding, and distribution of other supporting documents).
· Support Affiliate Engagement team in the Affiliate recertification process for assigned regional networks of Affiliates.
· Serve as UnidosUS liaison to assigned regional networks of Affiliate organizations and cultivate a positive working relationship between UnidosUS and its Affiliates.
Contribute to the development efforts and implementation of the next level of the UnidosUS-Affiliate relationship and partnership.
· Maintain a solid understanding of assigned regional networks of Affiliates, including Affiliate programs, best practices, key staff, organizational strengths and weaknesses.
· Assist in identifying and facilitating peer-to-peer coaching and mentoring between Affiliates, including opportunities to showcase Affiliates at the UnidosUS Annual Conference, convening, or other UnidosUS events.
· Support planning of Affiliate capacity-building trainings and regional events. Communication & Outreach
· Coordinate Affiliate communications and outreach efforts to ensure that the assigned regional network of Affiliates is informed of UnidosUS opportunities and initiatives, including publication of the weekly Affiliate Digest.
· Track, and communicate the performance of Affiliate engagement and participation for Affiliate Engagement leadership to measure and analyze. Provide input and support for Affiliate outreach strategies, including development of collateral materials, visual tools, timelines, and promotional announcements.
· Coordinate and communicate efforts to assigned regional network Affiliates on key UnidosUS events such as the Community Leaders Action Summit, the Annual Conference, and the Fall Regional Convenings.
· Serve as a resource for the Affiliates to help them navigate UnidosUS programs and communicate with staff.
· Develop relationships between Affiliate Engagement and UnidosUS’s Health and Civic Engagement teams to better understand initiatives with Affiliates through regular meetings; provide consultative guidance to both policy and program teams on how to engage Affiliates in initiatives in these issue areas.
· Maintain a calendar of Affiliate-related activities in the assigned regions and national activities.
· B.A. required and four years of professional work experience in related fields, such as: relationship management; case management; nonprofit work; communication and marketing; social responsibility; community development;
· Familiarity with the issues faced by the U.S. Hispanic community.
· Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills in representing UnidosUS to different audiences (e.g., Affiliates, funders, etc.).
· Proven networking, public relations, community relations, and communication skills.
· Must have high energy and ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize among assignments, meet deadlines, and follow up; must be organized and have high attention to detail.
· High degree of creativity, vision, and resourcefulness.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and comfortable designing newsletters.
· Strong familiarity with UnidosUS’s Affiliate Network, including experience volunteering or working with any of the Affiliate a plus.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· The position will be based in UnidosUS’s Miami office, with regional travel required for work with community-based organizations across the state, travel for annual Conference, or other convening’s. The Affiliate Engagement Coordinator will be expected to work as part of the overall Affiliate Engagement team, located in several parts of the country.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include “Affiliate Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Raul Yzaguirre Building
Attn: Viviana Green
1126 16th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.