Details: Opportunity for performance bonuses
5410 Edson Lane
About the Position:
- We currently are seeking to fill an immediate need for a Cognitive Trainer to take on a portfolio of students based in or near Columbia, MD
- Cognitive Trainers typically work with a portfolio of students who attend sessions 3 or 4 times a week for 60-80 minute sessions.
- COGx trains Cognitive Trainers to deliver programs using the COGx Methodology (proprietary evidence-based methodology to improve learning by targeting cognition and metacognition). The cognitive areas our programs strengthen include: attention, processing speed, memory, executive functioning skills, long term memory, problem solving, organization, and study skills.
- COGx programs are customized, delivered in-person (without technology) and results are clinically validated through testing.
- Working one-on-one with children and adults seeking to improve how effectively they learn.
- Targeting core cognitive skills responsible for learning and teaching scientific principles that underpin learning to ensure gains transfer to real life settings.
- Delivering customized and clinical interventions for clients of all ages and abilities. (Clientele may include gifted students, those with learning disabilities and/or learning difficulties, those who have acquired brain injuries, or those who are seeking cognitive enhancement to simply learn more effectively.)
- Driving to client house, school, or other location to deliver COGx sessions
- Planning sessions, uploading session notes, and writing periodic progress reports for each client according to protocols.
- Track record of academic excellence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A passion for helping others become effective and independent learners
- A proven ability to work well with others (one-on-one)
- Reliable and committed
- Excellent cognitive skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS Degree in relevant fields of study: cognitive science, education, neuroscience, psychology, speech therapy, etc.
- Valid driver's license
- COGx is a Greater-DC based research and development organization in applied cognitive science dedicated to delivering programs that target cognition to rehabilitate or enhance cognitive skills.
- The company was founded in 2010 and in 2015 received funding from the State of Maryland for its innovation in education and the efficacy of its programs.
- COGx has served students from over 40 schools in the Greater-DC area while also building partnerships with academic institutions and a growing international presence.
- COGx partners with leading cognitive scientists and academic institutions. Our programs are individualized, evidence-based and founded on scientific principles of learning
- Our proprietary programs enhance learning outcomes by targeting cognition, while our professional development for teachers improves the efficacy of teaching by disseminating the science of learning in a way that is application based.
- Our mission is to democratize access to high quality interventions that improve lives by enhancing cognition, which is achieved through a carefully chosen network of strategic partners who share our values and commitment to quality.
You can learn more about our services at www.cogx.info.
Minimum Education Required