7201 Wisconsin Ave
MLT’s Marketing & Communications team is seeking a strong content creator who is broadly skilled at using words and visual sensibilities to tell compelling stories on multiple media channels. You should have exceptional editorial and writing skills, and will develop content for MLT’s website, e-newsletters and social media platforms. This role requires the ability to simultaneously engage with multiple internal and external partners. You will collaborate to develop communications plans to support initiatives with key stakeholders on our Partnerships, Programs, Alumni, and Events teams. You should be a creative thinker, and appreciate the different approaches to developing content that resonates with MLT’s various constituencies. You will play an integral role on a scrappy, cross-functional team.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, keenly aware of current events, and is energized by engaging with MLT’s community as we work toward our vision of empowering the next generation of diverse leaders and transforming society.
This position is based in our Bethesda office and will report to our VP of Marketing and Communications. We are seeking a full-time arrangement, but would consider a part-time or contractor engagement model in the short-term for the right candidate.
- Participating in team strategy and decision-making
- Managing a robust editorial calendar
- Conceptualizing, reporting, writing and publishing blogs, including feature stories about alumni/Fellows
- Developing social media messaging for regular posts on multiple channels, including creating original content and engaging with relevant third party material
- Collaborating on, developing, and creating relevant content for weekly and quarterly newsletters
- Managing content updates on MLT’s website
- Managing vendor relationships with MLT’s website developer and graphic designers to create final deliverables
- Working with internal stakeholders and external partners to develop and execute communications plans for MLT events
- Traveling and serving as onsite and online communications representative for select MLT seminars and gatherings throughout the year
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Excellent writing and storytelling abilities, with a passion for telling stories that have an impact
- 2-3 years experience creating digital content and using CMS tools to publish
- Strong planning capabilities, with capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multitask, managing and prioritizing projects to satisfy competing deadlines
- Fluency with WordPress platform
- Strong abilities in effectively integrating graphics, photography, and videography when creating content
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, and Premiere Pro
Minimum Education Required