District of Columbia
Title: Employment Services Associate
Reports to: Employment Services Manager
About the Organization
Upwardly Global is the first and longest-serving organization that focuses on helping foreign-trained immigrants and refugees integrate into the American workforce. We prepare immigrants and refugees for jobs that match their education and skills, and we provide employers with the know-how to create inclusive hiring practices so they can take advantage of this untapped and valuable potential. We are proud to help and welcome newcomers to the U.S.
This role offers the opportunity to make a dramatic difference in the lives of immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers during this crucial time in the world and in our nation’s history. The Employment Services Associate is responsible for the front-line of our work, directly coaching job seekers and supporting their professional search. They advise, practice interviews, make connections and help customize resumes and other application materials. Their goals are to help their assigned group of job seekers to secure professional, skill appropriate positions at wages that often move them out of poverty and into economic stability and ensures full integration with their community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide customized services and one-one-coaching to high-skilled immigrants to guide them in the professional job search (i.e. resume tailoring, interview practice, cover letters, salary negotiation, etc.)
· Encourage and support job seekers to not give up on their professional aspirations
· Work with Upwardly Global’s employer partners and share candidates for opportunities within our employer network
· Conduct strategic outreach to build new placement driving relationships with employers
· Strategically utilize our volunteer and alumni network to support job placement
· Help job seekers utilize UpGlo’s reskilling and English support resources
· Help facilitate employer events and networking opportunities
· Maintain detailed relationship records using Salesforce database
· Share job placement & network success stories with development team
· Participate on projects as needed
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
· A strong belief in making our world a better, more welcoming place
· 2 + years of related work experience in a coaching, workforce or human resources role a plus
· Experience with recruitment preferred, but not required.
· Strong coaching skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
· A desire to make our DC office a fun, supportive, globally diverse and inspiring workplace
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
· This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10lbs. Requires the ability to travel locally and regionally and nationally; travel up to 10%.
· Must be available to work evening events and to occasionally work weekend sessions.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to HR@upwardlyglobal.org