1864 Post Road
Established in 1968, Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org) P2P is a community-supported agency which provides emergency assistance for basic needs, and support for individuals and families as they move towards stability. The vision that guides P2P’s work is “Communities of financially stable, hunger-free homes, with educational opportunities for all.” With a financial budget of over $3MM, an additional $10MM in annual “in-kind” donations, and over 75,000 volunteer hours donated annually, P2P is a well-managed and innovative agency. More than 90% of all donations go directly to programs, which include two food pantries, a mobile food pantry (P2P on Wheels), a clothing center, financial assistance and counseling for a client’s situational crisis, summer camperships for children, and college scholarship aid to low income students to change the trajectory of the next generation. Since 2012, the success of P2P’s service model led to the addition of a site in South Norwalk and P2P On Wheels, a mobile unit in Stamford.
Person-to-Person seeks a seasoned, dynamic, engaged, innovative, warm and analytic Director of Volunteers and Community Relations lead volunteer initiatives and activities of the agency. Guided by a strong and sincere commitment to P2P’s mission, the Director will strategically develop and implement a detailed volunteer plan to support the agency’s mission and vision.
Working closely with the Executive team, the Director will manage, along with the support from the three sites, more than 4,000 individual and corporate volunteers. Recruiting, training, engaging, and retaining form the basis for the work of the Director of Volunteers and Community Relations.
The Director will possess the excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to generate excitement and to build and nurture volunteer relationships. S/he is a positive leader, energetic and engaging, with an upbeat disposition and a ‘can do’ approach. H/she will work lead with a hands-on approach with agency staff and volunteers, excited by and embracing change while promoting an agency culture of dignity, respect and lifelong learning to the Lower Fairfield community.
- A commitment to the mission and activities of P2P;
- At least 4 years of nonprofit experience, with demonstrated success in volunteer management including volunteer events, recognition programs, and data management and analysis;
- A strategic approach to management that balances control of details with the big picture;
- Innovative thinking and an eagerness to take on ambitious goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication and diplomacy;
- Comfort with public speaking, and the ability to deliver a message concisely and effectively;
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills;
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to inspire a team toward a common goal;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and projects;
- Warmth and a sense of humor
- Computer proficiency; experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Person-to-Person offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive workplace culture.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required