Details: Starting salary mid 80s to low 90s (commensurate with experience)
40 Rector Street
Senior Business Analyst
We are Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). We help people worldwide where the need is greatest, delivering emergency medical aid to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
MSF-USA is an extremely diverse group of people working together towards MSF's common mission. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to their work at MSF-USA.
The Systems Department in the U.S. office of Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) acts like the organization's central nervous system, providing the vital information infrastructure to ensure the smooth functioning of all its operations. The Systems Department is responsible for building, configuring and maintaining the technical architecture, both physical and virtual, which ensures MSF can achieve the ambitions of its mission.
The Senior Business Analyst works closely with the department end-users (business line) and technical teams and is a major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable and often writes the business and functional requirements. This person understands how to determine the value proposition of a technological change and ensures that there is integration between business and technology, performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. The BA understands development processes – Systems Development Life Cycle – and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
Who you are
For this position it is most important that you are:
· Able to express technical change in terms of the value it delivers to the end-user and the outcomes it has enabled that were not possible before
· Meticulously attentive to detail and can organize large amounts of information in an easy-to-follow, logical way
· A communications specialist and a diplomat, always aiming to clear communication channels among developers, end-users, and project managers
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Requirements Gathering and Project Management Support (50%)
· Analyze and model the business domain to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed software.
· Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
· Lead cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
· Evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
· Create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
· Support traceability from requirements through to QA; assist in the definition of test plans and testing strategies and in the creation of test cases.
· Assisting in the definition of roll out, training and user support plans.
· Contribute to project plans: perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities.
· Support the creation of Agile user stories to capture end user and technical needs in terms of value delivery
· Facilitates the creation of work-breakdown structures and team work packets for ad hoc project plans
· Create detailed business requirement documents (BRD) if requested and can translate user requests into functional specifications.
· Provide analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
· Organize and/or participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing
· Analyze the impact of change requests.
· Create and/or review manuals, procedures, and related user documentation; ensuring documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience
· Present concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
Iteration Analysis, Planning and Support (50%)
· Provide daily updates to the Product Owner and Project Managers on status of completed work and milestones achieved in iteration, review blocked work, recommend changes in prioritization of work in progress if necessary, and describe status of queued work in iteration backlog
· Under direction of the Product Owner and Project Managers, decompose problems and new feature sets ('epics') into user and technical stories which are viable for work by the development team
· Record user and technical stories from the developer team and end-users, map them on physical paper boards according to department standards and transfer paper stories to digital version
· Review user and technical stories with end-users and developers, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned before the stories come into the iteration for work
· Prepare iteration backlog(s) for bi-weekly Iteration Planning Meeting in conjunction with the Iteration Manager, ensuring the team's capacity will be fully utilized each iteration and that iteration milestones are clearly aligned with departmental strategy
· Support and participate in kick-offs among developers, iteration manager and project manager for newly initiated user stories and tasks within each iteration
The Senior Business Analyst may be requested to supervise junior members of the MSFW team, including systems and business analysts depending on the projects in flight and the capacity of the project managers. The Senior Business Analyst may also be called on from time to time to supervise temporary staff, such as contracted workers, interns, volunteers or part-time employees.
The Senior Business Analyst supports the creation of routine and ad hoc budget vs. actuals reports for management and stakeholders before, during and after each phase of project execution.
Extent of Public Contact
The Senior Business Analyst will have frequent contact with people outside the organization, including vendors, consultants, volunteers, donor advisory boards and members of the general public.
This position requires remaining productive and focused within the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
· 5+ years of experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst or Project Manager
· 3+ years’ experience in Access, Excel (Advanced), Visio, and MS Project
· 3+ years of customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation.
· Interviewing and listening skills to elicit detailed requirements
· Analytical skills for transforming defined business needs into software requirements
· Verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with key project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
· Basic understanding of software design and development.
· Experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: CRM, HRIS, intranet solutions (SharePoint), enterprise financial software
· Ability to provide leadership and coaching to less experienced business analysts.
· Experience with Agile/Lean principles and methods including Scrum
· Experience in NGO and private sector business analysis
Open ended Contract
Starting salary mid 80s to low 90s (commensurate with experience)
Desired Hiring Date
2, April 2018
Working Time %
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Attn: Senior Business Analyst”
No phone calls and emails please. Applications without cover letter will be disregarded.
Application Deadline: March 16, 2018