AACI is one of the largest community-based organizations advocating for and serving the marginalized and vulnerable ethnic communities in Santa Clara County. Our mission is to strengthen the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health and well-being.
The Clinic Manager oversees the daily and operational functions for the non-clinical aspects of an outpatient health center. The position is responsible for direct supervision of the front office and call center staff, ensuring efficient workflows, a high level of patient satisfaction, and staff productivity. Perform hands-on front office duties as needed.
- Supervises, evaluates, and provides performance feedback to front office and call center staff on a regular basis.
- Monitor front office and call center workflows to assure efficient use of staff time and excellent customer service.
- Monitor patient cycle times and identifies potential inefficiencies. Coordinate with Health Center Management to implement solutions.
- Coordinate staff schedules and ensure adequate coverage.
- Order non-clinical supplies/equipment for the health center and monitor utilization.
- Interact with patients to understand their individual needs, appointment management, and ensure patient centered care is provided.
- Collaborate with Director of Health Services, Medical Director, and Nurse Manager to identify and resolve operational problems
- Coordinate regularly scheduled clinic meetings with Health Center Management Team
- Assist with maintaining compliance of various accrediting bodies and government agencies such as HRSA, CMS, CDPH, State Programs and health plans.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of education and experience.
- Five or more years of healthcare management experience; preferably practice management or healthcare operations.
- High level analytic skills and understanding of QI process, compliance, project management, and practice transformation.
- Working knowledge of community health center or comparable outpatient clinic operations. Good understanding of HRSA and FQHC processes and operations required.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the healthcare industry such as OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.