Details: Salary based on credential and experience
2201 Amapola Court
We are hiring 3 new teachers for our special education school in Torrance, California..
We are hiring a High School Special Education Teacher, a Middle School Special Education Teacher and a Special Education Teacher for our Autism program.
• Seeking an experienced high school and middle school special education teacher to work in our Heritage Program. The Heritage Program serves students with social, emotional and behavioral challenges.
• Seeking an experience autism special education teacher for our Spectrum Program. The Spectrum Program serves students with moderate to severe autism.
• This position is Monday through Friday
• School hours: 7:30AM - 3:30PM daily
• Required Thursday teacher meetings from 3:00-4:00 PM.
• Position begins ASAP.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE JOB REQUIREMENTS.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• Mild to Moderate or Moderate to Severe Special Education Credential, completed or in process.
• Must have minimum 3 years of experience working with children with special needs.
• Interest in learning new interventions for children in special education.
• Flexibility and creativity in designing individualized education plans (IEP's).
• Experience working with adolescents is a plus!!
Finalists must submit fingerprints for Department of Justice clearance, and provide TB clearance results that have been done within last 60 days.
Switzer Center is a nonprofit, nonpublic, special education school serving 3rd-12th grade students with social, emotional and behavioral challenges. Each student works with a highly trained team of credentialed special education teachers, licensed psychologists, licensed speech and language pathologists, certified Crisis Prevention Intervention behavior specialists and other related service providers who are dedicated to help students achieve academic, vocational and personal goals unobtainable in conventional educational settings. In a supportive and therapeutic environment, students with an IEP eligibility of ED, SLD, SLI, AUT, and OHI receive special education instruction, counseling, language & speech, structured reading and math intervention classes, behavioral analysis/interventions and psychological /educational assessments.
• The Heritage Program serves students with social, emotional and behavioral challenges.
• The Spectrum Program serves students with mild, moderate and/or severe autism.
Our successful special education program incorporates the innovative work of our founder, Dr. Janet Switzer, who was a pioneer in the field of educational therapy. Since 1966 Switzer Learning Center has been operating an outpatient diagnostic and treatment clinic, a K-12 nonpublic school and a nonpublic agency serving children with mild to severe learning, emotional and behavioral challenges and their families. We now have more than 5,000 successful alumni.
• $48,000- $58,000 annually (depending on experience and credential).
• New hire bonus $$$$ provided after 3 months of hire!!!
• 10 days of paid sick leave accrued annually.
• Generous number of days of accrued holiday and vacation pay including winter break, spring break, summer interim break and paid holidays.
• Benefits include: medical, dental, voluntary vision and voluntary life insurance.
• 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plan.
• Aflac coverage options.
• Trainings available (CPI, CPR, etc).
• Opportunity for growth.
• Family friendly environment.
• Safe Southbay location.
• Company sponsored luncheons and special events!!
• Helpful and supportive staff!!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send (email or fax) a copy of their resume and a brief cover letter to:
Sylvia Landaverde, Ed. D., MPA
Switzer Learning Center
2201 Amapola Court
Torrance, CA 90501
slandaverde @ switzercenter.org
Visit our website at www.switzercenter.org
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/switzercenter