55 M ST SE
Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking a Senior Accountant - AR to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of the liberal arts and sciences.
In 2010, Great Minds published the Common Core Curriculum Maps for English Language Arts. This success was followed by being awarded three contracts to develop a PK–12 math curriculum for the New York State Education Department. Great Minds owns this curriculum, which is now widely used throughout the United States and known as Eureka Math.
The Great Minds business model has moved from grant and contract solicitation to direct revenue generation over the last three years. This model shift has produced consistent 20+% revenue growth year over year, in large part due to the success of Eureka Math. Great Minds’ recent release of Wit & Wisdom, their K–8 ELA curriculum, has already gained early adoption in the marketplace. With the imminent publication of core curricula in additional subjects, the company’s business model continues to evolve to sustain its steady and rapid growth.
Great Minds presently employs more than 200 people.
For additional information, please visit
- At least 2-5 years of experience in for G/L entries, customer invoicing, cash receipts applications, collections and customer statement generation.
- 4-year degree majoring in Accounting.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Current work experience with financial and accounting systems (QuickBooks, NetSuite, Intacct or similar applications).
- Strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn.
- Full-time, Exempt Based in Washington DC near the Navy Yard Metro.
- Salary based on experience
- If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Please apply on our Careers page: https://greatminds.recruitee.com/o/senior-accountant-ar
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Minimum Education Required