2650 North Commonwealth Avenue
2650 N. Commonwealth Ave.
<img src="//:0" height="71" width="192">
LOS ANGELES PARKS FOUNDATION
The Operations Manager acts as the center point of LA Parks Foundation communications, operations, basic bookkeeping and manages the scheduling for the Executive Director. This is a full-time employee position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
1) Communication Outreach: Manages office reception and telephones, website content, social media sites and general communications to donors and potential donors in a manner which underscores the mission of the Los Angeles Parks Foundation (hereinafter LAPF)
· Responsible for managing communications in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission including quarterly newsletters, weekly social media posts and familiarity with picture files. Responsible for facilitating communication for the Executive Director and managing her calendar, appointments, etc.
· Responsible for various administrative tasks of a communicative nature, preparing and sending donor letters and occasional mass mailings.
2) Office Management: Works to ensure that the LAPF office run in an efficient manner.
· Responsible for facilitating communications for LAPF staff.
· Manages communications and inquiries from LAPF’s general email.
· Oversees Donor Database and facilitates functionality amongst staff.
· Responsible for keeping an inventory of supplies and ordering.
· Responsible for managing the maintenance of all office equipment
· Responsible for updating and organizing LAPF insurance with ED
3) Accounting Functions: Inputs all deposits, processes all bills, submission of credit card receipts as well as gaining general knowledge of bookkeeping functions specific to the foundation. The LAPF utilizes an outside accounting firm for all check preparation and mailing, reports, audited financial statements, etc. so the nature of the bookkeeping is the internal processing function only.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. General administrative responsibilities; manages Executive Director’s calendar, prepares donor letters, maintains and updates contacts, oversees office needs and supplies;
2. Manages and updates social media sites.
3. Updates LAPF website, keeping content current.
4. Writes quarterly newsletters and event correspondence.
5. All bookkeeping and donor entry duties with experience in ETapestry or related program;
6. Coordinating with all staff on technology needs and usage;
7. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
· Minimum BA degree.
· 2 years minimum experience in not for profit sector preferred.
· Strong communication and writing skills.
· Experience and strong skills in Excel, Constant Contact, ETapestry donor database and social media and website maintenance preferred.
· Strong organizational skills, ability to multi task.
Resumes submitted to:
Position start date: October 1, 2018
Health care paid 50/employer/50 employee
12 sick days per year
2 weeks vacation after 4 years 3 weeks vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required