Details: Salary commensurate with experience
30 Broad Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004
As iMentor enters its next five-year strategic growth period, spanning 2018-2023, we are seeking a dynamic and engaging leader to join our national development team. Over this five year period, the Director of Development will partner with the Chief External Officer and colleagues to design and execute on a strategy for expanding iMentor’s revenue base to serve an additional 30,000 students in more than 30 communities across the country.
The Director of Institutional Giving will focus primarily on building the strategy to take iMentor’s corporate partnerships to the next level. The Director of Institutional Giving will be responsible for stewarding iMentor’s existing dynamic portfolio of national partnerships, as well as evolving the corporate partnership model and securing new partnerships to reflect iMentor’s growing national presence.
iMentor’s model and impact is powered by the strength of our community of mentors. Nearly half of our mentors are referred by colleagues or their employer and last year, 97% of our mentors said they would recommend the iMentor experience to a friend. Our corporate partnerships are not only a key source of financial support and revenue diversification for the organization, but also a key driver of the overall impact iMentor generates. In this role, the DoIG will have the unique opportunity to build and manage the strategy for iMentor’s national corporate partnerships, as well as collaborating with our regional fundraising teams to maximize their local corporate partnerships and strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating and managing complex partnerships, working closely with C-level executives in the private sector, raising large rounds of funding, and will be a compelling external representative of iMentor’s work.
- Manage and steward existing corporate partnerships, including communications and recognition strategy in collaboration with the Communications team, mentor recruitment efforts, pro-bono projects, and tracking of engagement and impact with the Research & Evaluation team.
- Prospecting, outreach and new partnership development to build out corporate revenue pipeline and corresponding strategies.
- Oversee regional/national collaboration on partnerships. Maintain a high-level view of mentor affiliation with corporations across all regions, provide leadership on stewardship strategies, and identify opportunities to parlay regional traction into larger opportunities that benefit the organization at large.
- Lead a community of practice for regional and national Directors of Development to hone and share best practices in corporate partnerships.
- Re-imagine and re-launch our corporate partnership model, including but not limited to how we articulate iMentor’s value proposition to corporations, partnership benefits at various levels, and more. Ensure that the new model is compelling in each region as well as nationally and leads to an increase in overall corporate support of iMentor.
- Travel within the US roughly once every other month, and as needs arise.
- Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend events.
- Demonstrated experience raising large rounds of funding in a nonprofit setting or otherwise.
- Experience creating and managing complex partnerships. Experience with national CSR initiatives a plus.
- Experience working closely with C-level executives and other senior staff in a corporate environment.
- Strong, dynamic external representative of iMentor’s work; a captivating speaker both one-on-one and in large groups.
- An eye for opportunity and synergy, with the vision to see possibilities where nothing currently exists.
- High degree of diplomacy both internally and externally. Able to navigate complicated relationship dynamics, able to say no when necessary, and able to build rapport under challenging circumstances.
- Strong staff manager with experience leading teams and developing others.
- Culturally competent regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. Able to have difficult and effective conversations about race and equity while meeting someone where they are.
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check, conducted by the Division of Human Resources at the New York City Department of Education
Salary commensurate with experience
Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays + most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
401K match up to 4%
Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit www.imentor.org/jobs to submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so it is in candidates’ best interest to apply as soon as possible. No phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response.
iMentor is an Equal Opportunity Employer