District of Columbia
Greenpeace USA (GPUS) is hiring a Frontline Campaign Organizer to supports the creation and implementation of national campaign work and campaign skills training for Greenpeace’s street canvass program, Frontline. The Frontline program’s objective is to increase the financial strength and political clout of Greenpeace by recruiting dues paying members and mobilizing them to support Greenpeace campaigns, while providing hard hitting grassroots results across the country for priority Greenpeace campaigns.
The Frontline Campaigns Organizer is an exempt, full time, benefits eligible position based in any Greenpeace office and will report directly to the Frontline Campaigns Manager based in Los Angeles, CA.
The Frontline Campaigns Organizer will support the following:
- Collaborative Design of Campaign Pushes
- Create several one- to two-month campaign pushes in collaboration with the Grassroots, Campaigns, Frontline, and Communications teams for street canvassers that include events, petitioning, generating phone calls, and mobilizing Greenpeace members
- Innovate new tactical ideas that will optimize the operational impact of the Frontline Campaigns team
- Ensure that Frontline canvass offices receive fact sheets, issue briefings, and other essential materials required for each campaign roll-out
- Campaign Coordination and Development
- Coordinate campaign work in each Frontline office through Regional Directors, Campaign Coordinators, City Coordinators and/or campaign volunteers
- Provide phone and other trainings for Frontline Leadership and staff
- Oversee the production and dissemination of campaign updates for the Frontline offices
- Training Frontline Leaders and Staff
- Plan and execute regional trainings for all Frontline staff and City Coordinators.
- Perform site visits to help train and develop individual City Coordinators and/or Regional staff
- Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide “one off” support and facilitation of requests from campaigns and actions to involve Frontline staff in other realms of the organization
- Manage campaign work such that strengthens our fundraising capabilities outcomes
- Facilitate integration between FL campaigns and Greenwire (Greenpeace’s social media platform)
- Record FL related expenses
- Serve as a liaison between the grassroots team and other departments
- Represent the Frontline Campaigns Manager in their absence (as needed)
- Other duties as assigned and relevant to the role
Minimum requirements for the Frontline Campaigns Organizer include:
- 1-3 years of canvass and/or field organizing experience, preferably at the regional level or national level
- Proven experience in online and offline organizing.
- Proven experience in directing a project from conception to completion; previous campaign planning and implementation experience preferred
Additional qualifications for the Frontline Campaigns Organizer include, but are not limited to:
- Experience running impactful and interactive trainings
- Ability to coach volunteers and staff to success with their campaigns.
- Ability to work both independently and in close coordination with a team
- Estimated one week of travel out of every six to eight weeks.
- Database and online organizing experience a plus
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan
Commitment to Diversity:
Greenpeace welcomes and values diversity of people, cultural experiences and perspectives. Through our campaigning, we create solutions that promote environmental sustainability rooted in social justice. Our mission is to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that is a reflection of the global campaigns and missions that we champion.
Minimum Education Required