Details: Competitive salary with benefits
2001 Olney-Sandy Spring Rd.
Olney Theatre Center for the Arts (OTC), an award-winning regional theater, now celebrating its 81st season, seeks a seasoned and dynamic fundraiser with passion and drive to lead a $20+M capital campaign that will dramatically increase the Theatre’s capacity to meet growing community and field demand. The Campaign Director (CD) will be responsible for organizing and managing a vigorous, comprehensive and well-planned five- to seven- year campaign to support renovation, new construction and programmatic initiatives. As a member of the theatre’s senior staff, s/he will report to the Managing Director, and work closely with Olney Theatre Center’s Artistic Director and Board Leadership.
Working in tandem with OTC’s Director of Development, the CD will design a campaign that complements OTC’s significant annual contributed income goals and play a lead role in designing and implementing the campaign, of which a third is already secured. The ideal candidate has the ability to cultivate and solicit gifts from the top echelon of potential donors, as appropriate to the Theatre’s mission and vision.
The Campaign Director is responsible for providing right hand support to the Managing Director to achieve the fundraising goals of the campaign, while also providing partnership to the Director of Development to deepen donor relationships that are integral to the success of annual, capital and long-term institutional advancement goals. The ideal CD is a proven leader with success in major gifts and comprehensive campaigns.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Partner with Managing Director and Director of Development on campaign strategy; assess and leverage fundraising opportunities; assume responsibility for managing the campaign plan, timeline, budget, gift pyramid, prospect lists, income reports, printed/digital materials, naming opportunities and cultivation/recognition events
• Establish strong working relationships with the Artistic Director, Board and Campaign leadership, as well as colleagues in OTC’s development department. Guide the campaign solicitation process, working closely with the development department and the Owner’s Representative to ensure gifts and construction plans are aligned
• Proactively take the lead in prospect identification and qualification, drawing in part from personal knowledge of the Washington DC/Baltimore philanthropic community; provide cultivation and solicitation support to Olney Theatre Center’s Managing and Artistic Directors
• Communicate the goals, progress and success of the campaign to various constituencies; prepare talking points and presentations for the Artistic Director, Managing Director, Board of Directors, Campaign Co-Chairs and Campaign Committee
• Ensure that capital campaign efforts are transparent and pursued in partnership with other internal OTC departments. Work with the Finance Department on pledge and payment reporting accuracy and reconciliation
• Demonstrated leadership as a major gift professional; proven track record of success planning and managing a successful campaign similar to the size and scope of Olney Theatre’s
• Proven ability to motivate and direct a committed group of volunteer fundraisers; comfortable providing direction and support to others doing the solicitation
• A personal record of success in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major individual and institutional gifts
• Experience in the Baltimore-Washington DC metro area with a deep knowledge of the philanthropic community
• A collaborative nature with the ability to quickly establish credibility and gain the respect and support of colleagues, donors and volunteers.
• A good listener; comfortable receiving input from many sources and able to analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan.
• Proven ability to work with a diverse group of personalities
• A quick study; extremely well-organized; a creative self-starter, capable of handling multiple tasks and establishing priorities
• A track record as an effective communicator who is enthusiastic, articulate and persuasive, with excellent writing skills
• Affinity for the performing arts and arts education
Generous benefit package including health insurance (80% Employer paid), Employer paid life insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) and FSA plans available plus vacation and personal leave time.
Minimum Education Required