Are you a systematic and detail-oriented person who loves to fuel the success of your team? Does the creative and strategic part of marketing excite you? Do you enjoy being the person who makes sure things stay on track? Do you love to meet goals and cross things off your list? Does working with databases, technology, timelines, and spreadsheets excite you?
As the Marketing Communications Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the marketing team through project management, marketing technology and analytics, content development, and event management.
As a member of the marketing team, you will report to the Marketing & Communications Manager. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Putting into practice your project management skills. You will ensure the timely delivery and quality of marketing projects through effective process management and leadership. These projects will include digital campaigns, scheduled content, print production (annual report, donor reports, newsletter, prayer letters, etc.), event management, and more.
- Administering marketing technology. You will be the team expert on various tech platforms utilized by the marketing team, such as Basecamp, Loomly, Wordpress, Zapier, MailChimp, and Bloomerang.
- Performing marketing analytics. You will be the key person in charge of maintaining the marketing dashboard by tracking key analytics in relation to your team, department, and organizational goals. You will work with team members to ensure the roll-up of these analytics to the larger donor dashboard and organizational metrics.
- Creating and editing content. You will support the development of marketing initiatives through the creation of emails, letters, social posts, descriptions, etc. as requested. You will put your editing acumen to use by the review and proofreading of our marketing content to ensure accuracy and quality control. You will do this effectively by increasing your expertise of the work of Plant with Purpose and the subjects germane to that work including global development, deforestation, climate change, regenerative agriculture, etc.
- Contributing to overall marketing team initiatives. You will participate in, and execute on, various marketing team initiatives such as campaigns, events, and asset production. You will provide key leadership on local and national fundraising and marketing events, such as our annual gala. And as volunteers are key contributors to the success of our local events, you will oversee and support volunteer activities.
WHAT WE'LL LOVE ABOUT YOU
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- You have 2-3 years of marketing experience, preferably focused on marketing technology and content development
- You have a deep commitment to the professional quality of your work
- You have strong project management skills, including time management, organizational skills, and effectively communicating with other team members.
- You are highly conversant with the systems for managing and moving data between spreadsheets and cloud-based software
- You have consistently been acknowledged over the years for your high level of attention to details when dealing with projects, data and administration
- You thrive in an environment based on routine, that is supplemented with larger one-time projects and team collaboration
- You are a tech savvy individual and not afraid to dive in to master new platforms.
- You are fluent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Google Suite products (GDrive, GDocs, GSheets).
- You are willing to occasionally work overtime as needed
- You are eligible to work legally in the United States without employer sponsorship
- You have familiarity with our technology platforms: MacOS/Hardware, Adobe CS, Bloomerang, Basecamp, Mailchimp, Loomly, and/or Zapier.
- You have previous marketing agency or corporate departmental experience
- You have experience in conducting market research
- You have knowledge of Christian Churches, faith-based non-profits, and Christian theology