475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Maintenance Worker
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Children’s Services
COMPANY: Lutheran Social Services of New York
The Maintenance Worker maintains LSSNY’s buildings and work sites in repair and in clean and orderly condition. He/she performs general maintenance and repair work, such as painting, plastering, basic plumbing, carpentry, tile work, locksmith and electrical services. In addition, the Maintenance Worker assists with basic cleaning such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, buffing and waxing tiles, and keeping outside areas free of debris, ensuring that sidewalks and building entrances are clear of snow and ice.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Represents Lutheran Social Services of New York’s mission, values and
ethics, and upholds the agency’s Code of Conduct at all times.
· Paints and repairs roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structure.
· Performs basic plumbing, carpentry, tile work, locksmith, and electrical services.
· Sweeps and mops interior spaces, maintains wood floors, vacuums carpets, and buffs and waxes tiles.
· Keeps outside areas of buildings clear and free of debris, including ice and snow.
· Orders, picks up, and maintains parts, supplies, and equipment; keeps
maintenance inventory up to date.
· Records maintenance and repair work performed.
· Escorts and stays abreast of vendors who are working on the grounds.
· Uses hand tools, power tools, and some specialized instruments.
· Completes janitorial work, including but not limited to trash removal,
cleaning bathrooms, refilling bathroom supplies, cleaning kitchens, offices, hallways, stairwells and other common areas.
· Other custodial, maintenance, or repair tasks as assigned by site Director
· High school diploma (including vocational high school diploma), GED or equivalent, or certification from vocational training program.
· Within the first 3 months of hire, the following Fire Department of New York City Certificates of Fitness:
· S-95 - Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and Other Related Systems;
· F-01 - Citywide Fire Guard for Impairment; and
· F-07 - Fire Drill Conductor.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in building maintenance or a related field.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of plaster, sheet rock, painting, plumbing, window balance/window repairs, locksmith, tile work, electrical work.
· Knowledge of health, safety and security issues pertaining to building maintenance.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks and assignments
· Flexible; willing to work some holidays and weekends.
· Proficiency in internet navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to Miranda Deebrah with “Maintenance Worker” in the subject line.
[with “Maintenance Worker” in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----