Details: COMPENSATION: Salary recommended by the Principal / Chief School Administrator and established by the Board of Trustees.
9-11 Hill Street
Newark Educators Community Charter School (NECCS) is seeking a full time World Language Teacher. Ideal candidates will fully implement NECCS’s mission and vision statements. Under the general supervision of the Principal, the World Language Teacher shall plan, organize and deliver an appropriate instructional program in a Prek - 4 learning environment.
REPORTS TO: Principal or his/her designee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Meet professional World Language Teacher education requirements of school, district, and state.
- NJ Teacher of World Language (Spanish) Certificate
- Knowledge of relevant technology.
- Relevant teaching experience.
- Hold a New Jersey instructional certificate in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A.A8A: 27:1.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Exhibits a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning and children with exceptional needs.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities with reasonable accommodation pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 12101 and in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
- Pass the State required Mantoux Intradermal Tuberculin Test as required by N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
- Pass the criminal history background check.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in the content areas that produce high levels of student achievement, both academic and linguistic; as given to you in the school curriculum and planned for in your lesson plans
- Deliver exceptional aligned and standards-based instruction in assigned content area(s) and grade level(s) that ensure academic growth for all students; as evidenced in your lesson planning from the school curriculum
- Develop daily and unit lesson plans that are thoughtful, thematic, goal-oriented and aligned with curriculum, and carefully plan lessons for substitutes when unable to attend school;
- Assume other related responsibilities and duties within the context of the above major responsibilities and/or illustrations of key duties.
- Developing the instructional program pertaining to the current educational trends and updating their knowledge on latest research based educational developments.
- To develop and implement an instructional program within his/her classroom in a manner consistent with policies approved by the NJDOE and aligned to State mandates.
- Differentiate instruction for children of different linguistic, cultural and academic backgrounds, as well as for children with different learning styles
- Possess and maintain a mastery of the content knowledge area and skills to successfully teach assigned content area(s) and grade(s)
- Participate actively in curriculum development;
- Maintain the state and condition of all school materials issued for your use (computers, curriculum binder, etc.)
- Develop relevant materials and adapt existing curricula to meet the needs of students;
- Possess a high level of technological understanding and a willingness to take advantage of professional development opportunities in the area of technology and assessment, as well as immersion education and related areas
- Maintain adequate records of students’ achievement on schools online management system and behavioral performance and complete report card promptly as scheduled; keep a record of those communications
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding homework assignments, current content areas, achievement of academic goals, as well as classroom performance and behavior. Maintaining accurate record of all parent communication and meetings
- Attend parent/teacher conferences, parent/student orientations, and other school events as required
- Check homework and assist children in any areas that show a lack of understanding of homework assignments
- Plan and chaperone field trips
- Establish a good working relationship with other teaching professionals for integration of best practices into the classroom and the curriculum
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings
- Implement school-wide discipline policies in the classroom and throughout the school
- Maintain a neat, clean classroom environment that enhances learning
- Attend Child Study Team meeting & Intervention & Referral Team Meetings
Perform other related duties as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a 10-month full-time position that is annually renewable in accordance to Lady Liberty Academy approved policies and procedures. Regular hours are from 7:50 to 3:30pm on Mondays and Fridays; and from 7:50 to 4:30pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, excluding the following:
- Summer Institute, 2nd week: 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Professional Development/Faculty Meetings/Grade Team Meeting: 3:30pm– 4:30pm
- 2 days of Report Card Conference Night: 1:00pm-6:00pm.
- At least 4 community outreach activity or special school function outside of regular school hours (e.g., service projects, conferences, outreach events, family events, job fairs, Saturday Academy, etc.) over the course of the school year.
- Join a committee (Social/Discipline/Hiring/Special Education/ Math/Literacy/Science,etc, )
- Teacher personal Lunch Time (30 Minutes )
- Recess Duty (15 Minutes) Daily
- 3 Prep times for classroom set-up, 1 Prep for Grade Team Meeting, & 1 Prep for School Service
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy.
Newark Community Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Medical, Dental, Vision
Minimum Education Required