Remote Based organization
We do not have a physical office location.
Provide – JOB DESCRIPTION
Administrative Assistant -Remote Work Part-Time Position
Provide seeks an, independent, skillful and proficient Administrative Assistant who functions well in a diverse remote work environment. The Administrative Assistant supports the Executive Office Manager in carrying out the organization’s Continuing Education Unit/Continuing Medical Education Process (CEU/CME) and other high-level administrative tasks.
Founded in 1992, Provide is a national remote-work organization working to make sure that there is access to abortion, especially those to those living in rural communities and Southern and Midwestern states. Provide educates and supports health and social service providers to be able to give the care and support those facing an unintended pregnancy need. Our work is rooted in the on-the-ground realities of people’s lives and of the systems and resources that are available to them. We believe that everyone has a role in supporting access to abortion care, and that by giving people the tools and resources to play their role we can transform the way abortion is experienced where improved access is needed most.
This is a part-time (20 hr./week) remote work position open to applicants based in the United States. Travel for staff is required for mandatory organizational meetings once a year. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Office Manager.
Remote-Work responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide strategic administrative support & management of the CEU/CME process – 85%
• Responsible for managing and executing the day-to-day process for securing and providing continuing education credits for health and social service professionals
• Keen attention to detail; responsible for maintaining detailed, accurate, and accessible CEU/CME internal records for both national and state accrediting organizations
• Responsible for consistently maintaining and following up on critical deadlines for renewals directly with national and state accrediting organizations to avoid any lapse in Provide’s offering of CEU/CMEs to our program participants
• Responsible for proactively and consistently following up with internal stakeholders on important CEU/CME related information, including State Coordinators and Director of Finance for any related and required fees
• Assisting the Executive Office Manager on maintaining overall fluidity and streamlined efficiency of the CEU/CME process, and on aligning CEU/CMEs with program direction and priorities
Perform additional team responsibilities – 15%
• Performs data entry duties as needed and assigned by the Executive Office Manager
• Attend weekly team meetings (e.g. division, all staff) via video conference regularly and with eagerness to foster creative collaboration and shared problem solving
• Represents Provide at all times in alignment with Provide’s Policies and Procedures.
• Assists the Executive Office Manager in other administrative duties as requested
• Periodically participates in board meetings and other activities as requested.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in high-level, administrative support
o Minimum 2 years’ experience working with and knowledge of CEU/CME processes preferred
• Creative problem solver, multi-tasker, and self-starter with an optimistic attitude, mature judgment, and willingness to be a strong team player with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a remote team oriented environment
o Excellent communication skills (in-person, email, phone, providing status reports updates, strong writing skills, proficiency with d remote meetings using videoconferencing software)
o Great problem- solving skills and ability to complete tasks while learning.
o Intermediate skills in Office Suite 2016 including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
o Experience using Asana Project Management Tool preferred but not required.
• Motivated by helping others perform at highest levels in service of the organization and its mission
• Reliable, self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, proactive and solution-oriented problem solver, able to adapt to changes in priorities, structures, tasks, and goals.
• Strong record-keeping & document management skills
• Ability to create and sustain strong working relationships with remote staff using video conferencing, chat platforms, and instant messaging
• Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to effectively partner with external vendors
• Strong collaborator with comfort using shared documents and daily check ins to accomplish the organizational goals while working off site. This includes superb task management skills, database entry and creating and managing spreadsheets.
• Commitment to and excitement about Provide’s core mission, values and programs
The Administrative Assistant is a Tier II, part-time/20hr-week position. Starting annual salary range is $20,000-$25,000 in addition to performance-based salary increases on a 6-month cycle for the first 24 months of employment, and on a 2-year cycle thereafter.
Provide staff are 100% remote workers and we do not have a physical location. This is a remote position for an applicant based in the United States and who can work with others on a remote team.
To apply, please send along your cover letter and resume with three (3) references attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please.
This position will be opened until August 09, 2018. We anticipate a new hire in this role with a tentative date of September 4, 2018. Applications will be reviewed and pursued on a rolling basis prior to deadline.
Provide offers a generous benefits package: Group health and dental coverage, 403b, stipend for productive workspace, paid vacation, sick, parental leave, Jury and military duty, long and short-term disability, and workers’ compensation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required