This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Education Programs and works closely with the BioTeach team.
- Master's or doctorate degree in life sciences or education
- Four (4) years or more teaching secondary science in traditional, blended and/or remote classrooms
- Familiarity with the research and careers in the Biotechnology industry
- Experience developing hands-on inquiry-based life sciences curriculum for in-person and remote learning
- Experience recruiting and serving school partners at the district level
- Experience in program tracking and evaluation
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines: must be able to accommodate changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the team
- Computer literacy including strong word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, database and web management skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, presentations, statistical/technical/scientific materials, etc. with speed and accuracy, and the willingness to learn and use new computer programs/applications.
Support the development and implementation of MassBioEd’s education programs including:
Partner Onboarding and Support
- Onboard underserved schools and districts involved in the ACCESS program, a vertically aligned, multi-grade science and career education program
- Provide in person and/or remote support to classes engaged in labs and career awareness programs as part of the ACCESS program
- Plan and implement on-going and new professional development programing to meet the needs of middle and high school science teachers and further the MassBioEd mission
- Schedule and organize on-site or remote technical training visits to the Massachusetts middle and high schools partnering with MassBioEd
- Serve as district/school/ liaison and teacher mentor to increase the quality and quantity of hands-on lab activities and innovative career awareness programing, which may require travel to schools throughout the state
- Assist in the development of new lab-based, standards-aligned lab curricula and educational material to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Assist in the development of effective career awareness curriculum and activities designed to build a diverse pipeline of talent for the life sciences industry
- Familiarity with current advances in biotechnology and best practices for curriculum development required
- In conjunction with the Manager of Career Exploration Programs, prepare and support industry volunteers to deliver career programming to ACCESS school partners
Training and Equipment Grant Programs
- Support current school partners in the implementation of BioTeach curriculum and the building of a community of practice to ensure sustainability
- Help current partner schools transition into independent teaching and learning communities
- Identify and engage new diverse and underperforming schools as partners
- Create annual scope of work (SOW) for school partners including choice of activities and teacher training.
- Support teachers in applying for BioTeach and other grants, work with BioTeach team to award grants and track school progress in completing the scope of work (SOW)
General BioTeach Support
- Work with the Director of Educational Programs and team to manage the logistics and tracking of all teacher professional development, school and student events
- Support the authoring and delivery of email and newsletter communication to stakeholders
- Engage in MassBioEd events including the golf tournament, Champions fundraiser, MassBio Annual meeting
- Participate in and support regional events relating to life sciences education to strengthen education community partnerships that increase the efficiency and impact of BioTeach
- Work with MassBioEd team to monitor, assess and evaluate program impact using student and teacher feedback, focus groups and other appropriate measures
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision on a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands; talk or hear.
- On occasion while performing the duties of this job the employee sits and reaches above shoulders.
Interested applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Detailed cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet those sought in this posting
Application deadline: July 31st, 2020
MassBioEd equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.