Position: Manager of School Partnerships
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: New York City
Start Date: March 2018
PowerMyLearning is a national non-profit that leverages technology to strengthen the learning relationships among students, teachers, and families so that all students can succeed. Our work fosters growth in teachers as instructional leaders, in parents as support partners, and in students as learners who can meet the challenge of high academic standards. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school hubs to provide teachers with coaching and students and parents with devices and training. Underlying our work is our free web platform, PowerMyLearning Connect, already in use in more than 40% of school communities nationwide. We have demonstrated impact on student achievement and love of learning; teacher instructional practices; and parental confidence.
PowerMyLearning is in the midst of an ambitious strategic plan to more than double the number of New York City students served by 2020. This will be accomplished in part by increasing the number of school partners in high-need communities (the New York City region currently has 25 school partners across all five boroughs, and is hoping to reach 40 by 2020). The Manager of School Partnerships will support PowerMyLearning's outreach efforts in New York City, with special responsibility for recruiting and vetting new school/district partners and executing on our regional partnership development strategy.
The Manager of School Partnerships will collaborate with the Director of Programs to research and recruit new school partners, from initial outreach to program launch. This will include in-person meetings at schools, districts, charter school networks, and other potential partner organizations across the five boroughs. The Manager of School Partnerships will be accountable for helping the NYC region to reach school partnership goals, in order to increase our impact each program year in accordance with our strategic plan. One of the initial responsibilities will be to secure effective school partnerships in districts that have received funding from the New York City Council.
Additionally, the Manager of School Partnerships will be responsible for supporting effective coordination of program implementation with select school partners. This will include relationship management, as well as occasionally facilitating professional development workshops for educators and/or attending family events.
This position reports to the Director of Programs in New York City.
The responsibilities of this role align with the goals of our strategic plan: increase the number of school partnerships, target the highest need communities, and increase sustainability and efficiency.
Increase the Number of School Partnerships in the Highest Need Communities
- Conduct outreach to potential school partners to generate awareness and excitement about our programs and services
- Evaluate school alignment with PowerMyLearning's mission and program initiatives, including family and community demographics, teachers' current use of technology, school leadership effectiveness, and school facilities for workshops
- Secure qualified school partnerships across the city, particularly in high-need districts
- Coordinate with Director of Development to recruit schools in-line with objectives outlined in grants and by funding partners
- Manage school partnership relationships, from initial outreach through program implementation
- Engage with current school partners to solidify and expand existing partnerships
- Track new and existing school contacts using internal systems and Salesforce database
- Support regional efforts to engage more teachers, schools, and partner organizations in our work each year by leading the annual school selection process and other events outside of program implementation
- Manage the school application process, including outreach, application review, phone interviews, and facilities walkthroughs
- Other duties as necessary, including attendance at Saturday and evening program events as needed during the school year with comp time to be used the following week (approximately 6-10 times per year)
Increase Sustainability and Efficiency by Raising Awareness of our Work
- Lead the implementation of select PowerMyLearning Educator Workshops and webinars for regional partner schools, on subjects including: blended and personalized learning, family engagement, PowerMyLearning Connect functionality, and our new Family Playlist initiative
- Provide feedback based on experience in the field to support the development of new tools and consistently improve PowerMyLearning programs and services
- Cultivate school-based PowerMyLearning champions who are excited to help the organization further its mission
- Communicate PowerMyLearning's mission to staff, partners, funders, and other stakeholders to increase visibility and awareness of our work
- Represent the organization at education-related events, sharing information about our mission and impact with a variety of stakeholders
- Gather and accurately report program data for local and national sustainability efforts
- Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve team goals and actively engage in cross-regional collaboration
- Proactively educate all regional staff members on lessons learned during their time in schools and emerging trends in the field of blended learning
- Actively solicit positive and constructive feedback from their supervisor and other team members, and keep their supervisor and other team members informed of changing priorities
- Passion for PowerMyLearning's mission
- At least four years of professional experience, of which at least two years must be in education, program partnerships, business development, sales, or development/fundraising
- Experience managing school partnerships and/or experience teaching at a New York City middle or elementary school
- Understanding of educational landscape in New York City, especially in low-income communities
- Effective presentation and workshop facilitation skills
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong internal drive and demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated flexibility when priorities change
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to schools in all five NYC boroughs
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with Salesforce and other data management systems
- Experience facilitating educator professional development
- Master's degree in Education, Business, or other relevant field
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers medical and dental insurance with an employee contribution.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter (outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, salary expectations, and how you heard about this opportunity) to https://powermylearning.applicantpro.com/jobs/ using the following conventions:
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.doc
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is an equal opportunity employer. PowerMyLearning strives to practice and champion inclusiveness in our communities, and we aim to honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our communities. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.