317 Elm St.
The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) is a 49 year non-profit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant and sustainable community. ICC strives to address the needs of our diverse, multi-lingual, multi-cultural community. Today, ICC serves more than 1000 children and families every day with a wide range of programs and services. ICC also strengthens communities through advocacy, neighborhood organizing, and community development initiatives.
The Ironbound Community Corporation Operations Manager Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the ED/COO responsible for efficiently managing the office operations and insuring smooth workflow. The person must be professionally savvy and a quick thinker with a “get it done….what’s next?” outlook and must thrive on a challenge. She/he must be able to handle a fast-pace environment, multitasking with exceptional follow up skills and dedication to the task at hand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
- Manages affairs of ED & COO:
- Maintains appointment schedule by planning and scheduling correspondence, drafting letters and documents collecting and analyzing information, initiating telecommunications
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Prepares documents, etc. for Board and Administrative meetings
- Manages logistics for meetings: time, place, refreshments, etc.
- Be the advance person to ED when attending events on ICC business
- Prepare or coordinate with staff background briefs and/or talking points for meetings and events
- Assist the ED in tracking assigned responsibilities and follow up meetings
- Represent COO/ED in meetings as requested
Manages internal administrative meetings and ED/COO-staff/program meetings:
Maintains schedule and communications
Creates and distributes meeting Minutes
- Ensures follow-up action items are scheduled and tracks their execution
Facility Manager, licensing, repairs, snow removal and special projects
Oversee vehicle maintenance, registration renewals and inspections, etc.
· Office Contracts:
Copier, IT, Telephone, Security alarm, etc.
· Administrative support staff:
Admin clerks, volunteers, interns, etc.
Assembly of proposals, etc.
· As necessary:
o Development & HR Director
o Program Directors
- Effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution and timely follow-up
- Communicates effectively both written and verbally with a diverse group of professionals, board members and staff personnel.
- Plans, organizes, maintains and updates a variety of files, records and databases
- Collects and complies various reports from departments for distribution and for the Board meetings
- Coordinates preparation of records such as agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for Board meetings
- Makes ED travel arrangements involving ticket purchases, hotel reservations and process monthly expense reports
- Arranges programs, events and conferences by arranging for facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budgets
- Responds to telephone calls and e-mails. Determines the nature of the calls and forwards appropriate literature and standard corporate response
- Works with other administrative staff to coordinate and establish work schedules for planned projects
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Evaluate contracts and assess relevant provisions for progress tracking and/or follow up
- Maintain departmental reports as needed
- Develop, administrate and control procedures and policies for office activities
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
· BA and at least 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Excellent communications skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and internet surfing/communications applications
· Requires discretion, judgment, tact, and poise with considerable latitude and flexibility in carrying out assigned tasks
· Must be a self-starter, able to work independently
· Ability to prepare and write routine reports and correspondence
· Must be able to take the initiative and research issues as needed to gain a fuller understanding of matters at hand and provide support as needed
· Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and effectively manage priorities and workflow
· Need to possess a high level of interpersonal relationship skills
· Must have prior dealings and successful interactions with Management/Executives across all levels, including Board members and donors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: ICC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Manager”.