Administrative Assistant/Family Engagement Specialist (Preventative)
- Job posted by SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES
SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services’ Preventive Programs help families keep their children safely at home by helping them to create safer home environments and promoting permanency and well-being for children and their families in their own home and the community.
- Coordinate all aspects of Family Team Conferences (FTCs) to insure best practices in family engagement and that they occur within required timeframes and are appropriately documented.
- Arrange all FTCs (30-45 Day Conferences, Preventive Services Planning Conferences, Elevated Risk Conferences and Service Termination Conferences).
- Coordinate the attendance and participation of all applicable partners.
- Coordinate FTCs with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) Family Team Conference Scheduler.
- Attend FTC Facilitator training and serve as a FTC Facilitator as needed.
- Insure staff document all FTCs in applicable databases to meet required due dates.
- Answer phones when necessary
- Filing for one unit
- Logging toxicology results
- Petty cash and purchase card reconciliations
- Ordering supplies
- Oversee clients in the waiting room.
- Required to work one evening.
- Document contacts and progress notes in applicable databases.
- High school/Ged required/Associate’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word; willingness to learn program specific databases.
- Familiar with data entry and running reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
· Commitment to the mission and programs of SCO Family of Services.
Minimum Education Required