1406 Fulton Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a HIV Prevention Specialist. The HIV Prevention Specialist is a member of our Project Street Beat Brooklyn team located at 1406 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11216.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the HIV Prevention Specialist does:
- Uses team approach to conduct field-based outreach, client engagement activities, HIV counseling and testing, and service linkages with individuals eligible for Project Street Beat services, including those who are living with or at risk for HIV/STIs, active substance users, homeless or unstably housed, and/or exchange sex for food, drugs, or shelter.
- Providing HIV testing and counseling including, HIV confirmatory testing and PrEP screening/counseling as part of the PSB Mobile Medical Unit team.
- Provides services during both daytime and evening shifts (includes combination of 9am-5pm, 2pm-10pm, 4pm-12am).
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Requires at least 2 years of related and/or applicable experience, including experience working with issues such as homelessness, criminal justice system involvement, HIV/AIDS, substance use and mental health issues
- Must demonstrate competency regarding cross-cultural differences and issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal abilities, and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills required with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in non-traditional work settings
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred, but not required
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter through our organization's website. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.