547 W. 27th St.
Aperture is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Associate to handle all duties related
to the accounts payable function, as well as provide support on payroll and employee
benefits. The position will report to the Accounting Manager.
This position supervises the Finance and Administrative Intern.
• Update and maintain vendor information in Acumen Books accounting system
• Work with the Accounting Manager to manage and schedule the bill payment
process, maintain control over cash requirements, and ensure timely payment of
bills in accordance with pre-determined terms
• Sort and distribute invoices to appropriate departments for payment
• Review purchase orders and match them with invoices
• Enter vendor invoices and cut checks from Acumen Books accounting system
• Reconcile vendor invoices and accounts
• Review open payable reports for current and open Items
• Track outstanding invoices
• Perform G/L coding, batching, editing procedures
• Communicate and resolve discrepancies with vendors
• Interact with other departments and colleagues regarding invoices and vendor
• Process and distribute departmental activity report
• Distribute credit card reports to card holders and enter into Acumen
• Process annual 1099’s
• Prepare account distribution for monthly or periodic payments of health
insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, workmen's compensation, and
• Provide support to Accounting Manager on payroll and employee benefits
• Revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient, as necessary
• Prepare reports for short range and long-range cash requirements and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of three years of related work experience
• B.S. degree in Accounting preferred
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task under deadline
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with exceptionally
strong Excel and Word skills. Knowledge of AcumenBook software a plus.
• Accounting experience in the book publishing or nonprofit industry a plus
• Appreciation of photography and the arts a plus
Health, Dental, Vision, Life
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and
experience meet the qualifications of the position and how you heard about this
opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following conventions:
Subject line: Accounts Payable Associate
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.pdf
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NO CALLS, PLEASE. Only applicants
who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.