Details: Mid $30K
425 W. 47th Street
Job Title: Development Assistant
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Fountain House, a world-renowned community mental health organization, successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. Founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
Fountain House, one of the world’s leading providers of community mental health programs, is seeking a Development Assistant to support its multi-faceted fundraising effort. This position interfaces with a broad cross-section of the Fountain House community, including members, supporters, staff and Board and requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as an aptitude for the administrative demands of a high-energy fundraising and cultivation effort.
Ensure smooth daily operation of External Affairs Department by providing proactive administrative support to the department, such as:
· Handle all administrative tasks, including, arranging and set-up of all departmental meetings (i.e.; prepare and distribute agendas, collateral materials, and/or food arrangements, etc.).
· Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
· Maintain inventory and order departmental supplies.
· Schedule and attend External Affairs meetings. Prepare and distribute agendas and take notes during meetings.
· Keep track of department finances, including check requests, budget, invoicing, and reporting, and other duties, as assigned.
Provide administrative support to External Affairs Department with focus on Director of External Affairs and Chief Development Officer such as:
· Communicate with donors and convey a positive and professional image, especially during high pressure situations.
· Conduct prospect research and support the cultivation efforts of high-level prospects.
- Compose personalized correspondence to donors, prospects, Board members and various constituencies.
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings and tours for Director of External Affairs and Chief Development Officer.
- Maintain and update donor database to capture all donations and cultivation activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Office Suite.
· Strong inter-personal skills.
· Verbal/non-verbal communication and listening skills.
· Ability to work in a team and independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally with members, colleagues, donors, vendors and board members.
· Excellent command of the English language and ability to develop and create own correspondence.
· Experience prioritizing and executing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast‑paced work environment, while maintaining a positive demeanor under pressure.
· Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or other donor database, preferred.
· Knowledge of Asana, preferred.
· Minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Starting Salary: Mid $30K
1. Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
2. Paid Bereavement Leave
3. Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
4. Life Insurance
5. Voluntary Life Insurance
6. Whole Life Insurance
7. Short-Term Disability
8. Long-Term Disability
9. Supplemental Disability
10. Workers’ Compensation
11. Tuition Assistance
12. Retirement Plan
13. Tax Deferred Annuity
14. Flexible Spending Accounts
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to FHexternalaffairs@fountainhouse.org. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO