Director of Development for Annual Fund and Donor Engagement
- Job posted by Alliance College-Ready Public Schools
601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
Alliance is looking for a Director of Development for Annual Fund and Donor Engagement to join its Development Team. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Development, this critical role is responsible for expanding the base of supporters and increasing revenue for Alliance by developing and growing the number small to mid-level donors capable of making gifts of up to $10,000. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, growth-oriented team and organization.
- Develop and implement plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual individual and corporate contributions.
- Build relationships with and solicit individual and corporate supporters to build long-term loyalty and support of Alliance.
- Manage Alliance Young Professionals Board to develop and implement volunteer programs and fundraising events in order to build Alliance base of young supporters.
- Coordinate with Vice President of Development and Communications Team in developing effective marketing strategy to support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new and existing donors.
- Create and develop online and print donor solicitation campaigns.
- Evaluate effectiveness of various donor annual giving cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Manage Alliance fundraising and donor cultivation events for Young Professionals Board and support annual major gifts fundraising event.
- Coordinate with the Director of Development for Institutional Funders to craft appropriate requests to prospective corporate partners.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Development
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Demonstrated success in growing revenue and a donor base, and in cultivating and soliciting donors, as well as general fund development
- Deep experience organizing high impact fundraising and volunteer events
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-layered organization and build strong relationships with diverse external and internal constituents
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to juggle competing priorities, especially relating to planning volunteer and fundraising events
- Experience working with and developing volunteer leadership
- Strong strategic and critical thinking necessary to inform goals and strategy, as well as build infrastructure when necessary
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google-based software applications
- Experience with Salesforce (or other fundraising software programs) and online marketing and giving platforms
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required