Details: The starting salary for this position will be $65,000
815 Eddy Street
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), an established San Francisco-based nonprofit organization defending online privacy and free expression, seeks an energetic Member Outreach Assistant to support EFF's fundraising operations and help build relationships with our growing community. The Member Outreach Assistant is a key member of EFF's tight-knit eight-person Development Team which raises over $10 million each year with the help of over 42,000 annual donors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Membership processing support including prompt and accurate data entry, accounting review, reporting, and acknowledgements
- Assisting with creating and compiling outreach materials for events
- Exceptional customer service by email and phone
- Maintaining EFF’s charity registration paperwork
- Engaging supporters and recruiting new members at events in the Bay Area
- Occasional travel to represent EFF at conferences around the country
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Speed and accuracy in data processing
- Resourceful problem-solver
- Comfortable with customer relationship management (CRM) software and office applications
- Experience working with a nonprofit donor program and familiarity with digital civil liberties issues is preferred
- Charm, wit, and a can-do attitude
As an advocacy organization, EFF is committed to being part of a diverse community. Diversity of life experiences makes a big difference in how we identify and litigate legal issues, design privacy-enhancing software, and organize our activism. To that end, we deliberately seek applicants with different perspectives, identities, and experiences to build an inclusive workplace to better inform our advocacy and defense of freedom in our digital world. EFF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply.
EFF is a great place to work. We offer a supportive and empowering environment, along with an excellent benefits package including housing cost assistance, student loans assistance, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b)(7) retirement savings program with matching, paid time off, holiday benefits, parental leave, a dog-friendly workplace, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested in joining the team? Apply to the link above with:
- A cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you want to work at EFF.
- A resume in PDF format.