The Voting Rights Lab is searching for three Executive Assistants, each supporting a different senior leader on our team: Vice-President of Advocacy, Vice-President of Communications, and Vice-President of Operations and Chief of Staff. Each Executive Assistant will support the Vice-President as well as assist with our department projects and priorities.
Core responsibilities will include supporting the VP and other members of the team with administrative tasks such as scheduling and calendar management, note-taking, booking travel and other meeting or event logistics, document management, list management, and processing reimbursements.
Each position will report directly to either the VP of Advocacy, the VP of Communications, or the VP of Operations & Chief of Staff. These are fully remote positions. Candidates across the country are encouraged to apply. Priority deadline for applications is October 20th, 2021. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
- Manage administrative projects for the VP including calendar management, managing budgets and expense reimbursements, and booking travel and associated logistics
- Scheduling both virtual and in person meetings and events with multiple stakeholders, including internal team meetings, webinars for external audiences, and meetings with coalition partners, members of the press, legislators, etc. depending on the specific role. This includes setting up and managing all logistics, taking comprehensive and concise notes, and driving action items out of the meeting or event.
- Preparing the executive for meetings, as necessary, and ensuring follow up.
- Document management including creating and driving systems to organize internal documents and managing our CRM system.
- Create and finalize documents that clearly and concisely communicate to both internal and external audiences, including powerpoints, proposals, charts, and tables, as well as shepherding the process of getting inputs from multiple people and incorporating them into a final document
- Design and disseminate communication to staff as needed
- Develop and update systems to make the entire team more efficient and effective, utilizing platforms such as Airtable, Slack, Salesforce, and more
- Operations support related to hiring and on-boarding new staff for the department
- Courteous, timely, and professional response to inquiries both internal and external
- Planning, coordinating, and recruiting for team building events and activities
- Light research, copy-editing, and fact-checking as requested
- Collaborate on other projects as assigned (these will vary by department--for example the EA to the VP of Communications will contributing to building and maintaining distribution lists or compiling press clips; the EA to the VP of Advocacy will have research projects related to our campaigns, and the EA to the VP of Operations will manage the logistics for team-wide retreats and events.)
What we’re looking for in you:
- At least 2-4 years experience in an administrative or support role in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. Experience in an issue advocacy organization, political campaign, or some other mission-driven organization preferred, but not required.
- A problem solver - someone who notices an emerging issue before anyone else, and starts thinking about creative ways to solve it
- Ability to not only work remotely, but also juggle lots of technology to create a collaborative team environment across time zones and busy schedules, including technology troubleshooting for colleagues
- An ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Someone who is highly organized and has excellent systems, and is excited to help the rest of the team get and stay organized as well. A detail oriented person who doesn’t let anything fall through the cracks
- Experience with document management, especially Google docs
- Experienced using technology including G Suite, Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, and others, and also experienced teaching others how to use it, and use it efficiently
- A clear and concise communicator who is able to do basic document design and construction, create first drafts of memos and other documents, etc
- Experience working with diverse communities and committed to acting on the belief that racial equity and social justice are critical components of our work
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment, with a keen ability to keep a cool head. Will take the work seriously, but not yourself!
Compensation & Benefits:
The salary range for the Executive Assistant roles will be $64,000 - $68,000.
At this time, we provide the following benefits for eligible employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that is 100% employer funded
- Access to employer-funded health reimbursement account (HRA) to help offset co-pay, deductible, and vision/dental expenses
- 401(k) retirement plan, with up to 3% employer match
- Generous paid time off package, including 5 weeks vacation leave and 2 weeks personal leave, in addition to paid holidays and other PTO opportunities
- Flexible spending account for medical and dependent care
- Additional benefits including work from home benefits, cell phone benefits, and fitness benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Voting Rights Lab is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Part of VRL's mission is to ensure that people with records of arrest or conviction can vote. As such, we give full and fair consideration to all applicants, regardless of a past record of arrest or conviction.