1110 Vermont Avenue NW
NPF is currently recruiting for a Coordinator, Grants & Programs. This position helps ensure that the Foundation achieves its Mission and success within its primary Impact Areas – Protect and Connect and Engage. The primary responsibilities of this position include specific support around grant administration as well as general administrative and programmatic support for the Grants and Programs department of the National Park Foundation. This involves managing and coordinating the operational aspects of the grant-making and ensuring high standards for grant management. The Coordinator will also help maintain communication with internal and external constituents and assist with special projects as needed.
WORKING AT NPF
The National Park Foundation, in partnership with the National Park Service, enriches America’s national parks and programs through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park enthusiasts.
In 1872 America did something unprecedented; it set aside more than one million acres of wilderness for the benefit and enjoyment of the people. For more than 100 years, citizen involvement and private philanthropy have helped to improve, preserve and protect America’s national parks. Since it was established by Congress in 1967, NPF has sustained this legacy of private philanthropy. Learn more about us at www.nationalparks.orgOpens a New Window..
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist the Senior Manager in the management of NPF Grants and Programs. This includes:
- Help coordinate the grant request process with grantees including online applications and grant agreements.
- Assist in communication with grantees on disbursement.
- Work closely with Finance department to coordinate and record disbursements.
- Assist with quarterly and annual grants reconciliation.
- Utilize GIFTS grants management software to maintain permanent record of grant making. Create and maintain all grant files to ensure integrity and completion that meet legal, auditing, and foundation requirements.
- Support revenue-generating activities of the Grants and Programs team.
- Support content generation for Grants and Programs sections of National Park Foundation website, annual report, and other internal and external publications.
- Support the Grants and Programs department with managing project budgets, support for project management, and assist with reporting and evaluation as needed.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus 2 – 3 years relevant professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit, grant-making organization or federal land managing agency.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and strong time management skills.
- Experience using GIFTS Online software or other cloud-based grant management system.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional, sound judgment, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in grants administration and database management preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, particularly demonstrated knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Concur preferred.
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and stoop, and/or kneel. The employee occasionally must push and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision demands required for this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- If you know you are the perfect candidate for this position, we want to hear from you. Please submit your application through the National Park Foundation ADP portal found here.. If you experience technical difficulties during the process, you submit your cover letter, resume and salary history by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Coordinator, Grants and Programs” in the subject line of the e-mail.
National Park Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, who is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you know you are the perfect candidate for this position, we want to hear from you. Please submit your application through the National Park Foundation ADP portal found hereOpens a New Window.. If you experience technical difficulties during the process, you submit your cover letter, resume and salary history by email to email@example.comOpens a New Window.. Please indicate “Coordinator, Grants and Programs” in the subject line of the e-mail.