About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
About the Position:
EBI’s Supported Employment Services has an opening for a Job Coach in Alameda County, working in the cities of Berkeley, Oakland, Emeryville and San Leandro. This is a full-time position providing supports to individuals who are currently employed.
We're passionate about raising the bar of employment options and opportunities and seek a person who shares this passion and can provide effective on-the-job support to individuals with autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, and other developmental disabilities to ensure success. This job is a good way to gain experience in the nonprofit sector, social work, human services or case management. We seek people who want to make a difference in the lives of others and are both gifted teachers and teachable themselves.
- Provide work training and support in a variety of employment settings, including: wholesale bakery food prep, packaging, retail, grocery, professional office environments and other employment settings
- Become familiar with the job tasks of each employment setting on caseload and effectively communicate the requirements of those tasks with clients, supporting them to complete each task with confidence
- Develop teaching methods that match each client’s unique learning style, supporting them to be successful in their employment in a way that best suits their individual needs
- Create and manage your own schedule each week, ensuring effective client support
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have valid California driver's license, be willing to drive own car (we do offer mileage reimbursement) and carry auto insurance
- Ability to meet the requirements of the employers we work with, including dress code, health clearances, and background checks
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Have basic computer skills and an ability to learn computer programs
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities, previous job coaching experience, experience performing administrative tasks, and knowledge of task analysis are all a plus, but not required
This is a full-time position. The schedule is usually Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm. Occasional evenings or weekends may be required.
Employee benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Membership in the Services Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Commuter benefits
- Counseling benefits
- Financial coaching
- Education Assistance Fund
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume online for consideration.