425 W. 47th Street
Position: Residence Counselor in Supportive Housing
Reports To: Supportive Housing Assistant Coordinator & Residence Director
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
· Ensure members are medication compliant and assist them with developing stronger medication management skills (verify that all medication bottles are current and ensure members are attending all medical and psychiatric appointments).
· Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well‑being of members.
· Assist members with all aspects of community support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
· Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
· Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
1. Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
2. BA/ BS required, particularly in a relevant human services field
3. Driver’s license required
4. Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment
5. Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality
6. Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff in the residence, staying late or arriving early, if necessary to fulfill residence or member needs
7. Excellent organizational skills
8. Team approach
9. Minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
1. Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
2. Paid Bereavement Leave
3. Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
4. Life Insurance
5. Voluntary Life Insurance
6. Whole Life Insurance
7. Short-Term Disability
8. Long-Term Disability
9. Supplemental Disability
10. Workers’ Compensation
11. Tuition Assistance
12. Retirement Plan
13. Tax Deferred Annuity
14. Flexible Spending Accounts
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to FHresidence@yahoo.com, or fax to 646-395-7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO