Full Time Contract
Details: $20 to $24 per hour, DOE
829 NE 8th St
MetroEast is seeking a full time Digital Media Trainer to join our Rockwood DIY facility. Interested candidates should submit a resume & cover letter through our hiring portal at https://metroeast-community-media.breezy.hr/ MetroEast is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About: MetroEast is a community media hub based in Gresham, Oregon. We educate the public on how to leverage media & technology to create meaningful content relevant to our times. Our Rockwood DIY (Digital Inclusion & Youth) incubator serves under-represented populations by sharing access to the digital technology that is required to succeed in our rapidly evolving, high-tech world. Learn more about us at www.metroeast.org.
Overview: The Digital Media Trainer works with youth and adults as an instructor in after school programs, camps, orientations, workshops and studio settings. This key member of our education team presents, instructs and assists on media production techniques, operates music, video and computer equipment, and teaches communication skills, media literacy, social media and program distribution. This role is primarily dedicated to our Rockwood DIY program.
Description: You will be part of a growing team of digital trainers creating new, innovative and meaningful educational programming focused on sharing access to digital media & technology with minority groups such as youth of color. As a Digital Media Trainer, you will have direct responsibility for crafting, implementing and training on relevant digital media workshops like Video Game camps, introducing coding to Rockwood youth, Podcasting camps, teaching local youth how to produce and record podcasts, Music Video camps, training youth to work with music professionals to create songs and film professionals to produce music videos, and Digital Storytelling workshops integrating media, coding and engineering to tell impactful stories.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Frequent Evenings and Weekends, ~50% flexible weekday hours
Reports To: Director of Education & Volunteers
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $20 to $24 per hour (DOE)
● Instruct youth and adults from diverse communities according to set curriculum on video production techniques, operating music, video and computer equipment, communication, communications skills, media literacy, social media and program distribution.
● Act as a trainer/mentor to youth and adults enrolled in the programs
● Analyze course effectiveness and strategize improvements, in conjunction with the Director of Education & Volunteers.
● Develop curricula to meet the needs of course work and attendees
● Provide input on calendar of training activities. Communicate scheduling details to appropriate business partners.
● Develop, in collaboration with other organizations, projects that facilitate community dialogue and promote civic involvement using community media.
● Educates and advises volunteers on proper equipment usage and safety issues.
● Develop alternative workshops and courses to meet community needs.
● Administrative data entry of course details and attendance
● Participates in the promotion of MetroEast activities
● Actively participate in team meetings and discussions
● Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
● Ability to maintain a professional attitude in fast paced, changing environment
● Knowledge of standard training and teaching methods
● Ability to develop curricula and instructional materials in video production, media literacy and computer skills to meet the needs of the community
● Knowledge of working with diverse communities with diverse needs, applying an equity lens to work
● Demonstrated proficiency with digital video production including video and DSLR cameras, nonlinear editing, and a clear understanding of basic television production
● Ability to learn new production techniques and equipment, and stay current on video production trends
● Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to work with a large cross section of the community, including youth
● Ability to be punctual and organized for all work activities
● Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
● The ability to Interact with team members, customers and business partners in a professional and cooperative manner
● Well organized and detail oriented
● Able to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
● Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite applications
● Display a passion and dedication to the MetroEast mission
● Music production skills
● Coding background
● Web design
● Graphic Design
● Video Game Design
● Spanish, Somali, Russian or other language
Please note: Successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment for this position.
Education & Work Experience: 2‐year degree and 3‐5 years’ experience in digital media production or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience training youth and adults in a classroom setting preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Work is usually performed in an indoor office environment with long periods standing or at a desk. Work may be conducted outdoors and employee may be exposed to inclement weather. Environment is oriented to public service and subject to constant work interruptions. Employees may work under the stress of continual public and/or inter‐departmental contact and pressure to meet deadlines. The employee must be able to move about the facility to communicate with staff members. Must frequently lift and/or move 25 to 50 pounds. Current driver’s license required. Requires flexible work schedule and may be required to work evenings and weekends. There is exposure to electricity/equipment.
Benefits: Highly competitive benefits package with favorable PTO medical, dental, vision, supplemental and elective 401K contribution.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish, Somali, Russian or other language highly desirable
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume & cover letter through our hiring portal at https://metroeast-community-media.breezy.hr/. MetroEast is an Equal Opportunity Employer.