Community Relations Coordinator VISTA - Reading Partners Silicon Valley
- Job posted by Reading Partners
AmeriCorps VISTA Community Relations Coordinator (2019-2020)
Silicon Valley, CA
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Learn more about us at www.readingpartners.org .
The High Level
The VISTA Community Relations Coordinator is a key player in achieving Reading Partners’ development goals. This is an exciting opportunity to support the growth of donor relationships and awareness of the Reading Partners program through creation of marketing and public relations materials, stewardship of local donors, and creation of related tools. Reading Partners VISTA offers an amazing chance to give back through capacity-building roles – as a VISTA, you’ll receive benefits, a great place to serve, and the opportunity to springboard a glowing and growing career. Our top VISTA Community Relations Coordinators are ambassadors for service, demonstrate a passion for relationship and systems development, and strongly believe in our vision and values.
What you’ll do and how you’ll do it:
Marketing and Public Relations
Create, adapt, and maintain marketing and public relations materials for the regional Reading Partners team.
- The VISTA Community Relations Coordinator will gather collateral, templates, and other resources for marketing and public relations usage, and determine best practices for engaging different groups of stakeholders. With the gathered collateral, the VISTA Community Relations Coordinator will create systems and new content to establish a strong presence on local social networking sites, support regional events through collateral creation, and support other regional communications.
Systems and Resources Development
Improve systems for tracking marketing and public relations materials’ usage and effectiveness.
- Streamlining and improving available systems is a huge responsibility for the VISTA Community Relations Coordinator. By becoming familiar with existing tracking systems and reporting options, the VISTA Community Relations Coordinator will identify opportunities for improvement, implement best practices for usage of marketing materials, and document social media/donor campaign metrics for future activities.
Relationship Management & Donor Stewardship
Support regional fundraising goals by identifying and stewarding local donor relationships.
- The VISTA Community Relations Coordinator hones in on identifying and stewarding local donor pipelines. VISTA Community Relations Coordinators will propose and create customized communications calendars, proposals, and other resources to foster strong donor relationships. The VISTA Community Relations Coordinator will also document donor partnerships for future activities, including the creation of donor opportunities and acknowledging of gifts in the Salesforce database.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are dedicated to national and community service
- Have a strong desire to fight poverty
- Demonstrate a passion for literacy initiatives
- Are flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Take initiative in meeting goals and seeking professional growth
- Can problem-solve through challenges and failures
- Pay strong attention to detail & manage multiple priorities
- Can quickly learn new technology systems and have a high level of comfort with MS Office, Google Apps
- Boast a deep belief in our mission & root your work in our core values
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
Bonus Points if you:
- Are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alum/alumna
What we offer:
- AmeriCorps members earn an annual compensation of $24,053.12 is paid through a living stipend from the VISTA program and the remainder is provided as a rental subsidy. The VISTA program will authorize relocation allowance if a VISTA member moves more than 50 miles. Health insurance, including dental and vision coverage, is provided at no cost for our members; childcare assistance is available through VISTA for those who qualify. You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans. VISTA members can earn an education award of $6,095 after successfully completing their service term. VISTA members receive ten sick days and ten vacation days per year.
- We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us. As such, we provide ongoing professional development opportunities.
The other things you need to know:
- Service Terms : VISTA members serve full-time for a 12-month, 365-day term. This VISTA member would serve from February 2019 to February of 2020.
- Travel : VISTA members may need to travel between Reading Partners sites and offices; reliable transportation is recommended.
- Reading Partners AmeriCorps Orientation : Reading Partners VISTA members attend a virtual VISTA Service Orientation in addition to attending Reading Partners trainings. Your direct supervisor will provide role-specific training as well.
- Where we serve : This position will serve as a VISTA Development Coordinator in Silicon Valley.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested in joining the Reading Partners VISTA / AmeriCorps team? We'd love to hear from you!