Case Manager II - Youth Counselor - Spanish-speaking
- Job posted by Asian Counseling and Referral Service
3639 Martin Luther King Junior Way South
Asian Counseling and Referral Service, a non-profit organization, promotes social justice and the
well-being and empowerment of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other underserved communities - including immigrants, refugees, and American-born - by developing, providing and advocating for innovative, effective and efficient community-based multilingual and multicultural services.
Department: Children Youth and Family
Supervisor Title: Program Supervisor
PURPOSE: Provides culturally competent case management, youth development, and counseling services to children, youth, and their family members of the Spanish-speaking community that are holistic, person-centered, and strengths-based with the goal of helping individuals to live a meaningful and independent life in the community. Responsible for providing quality services with attention to cultural relevance and competency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with clients and their family members to provide individual, group and family counseling services in a variety of therapeutic modalities with attention to cultural relevance and competency; provides coordinated services in compliance with relevant State, County, and City standards. Expected to meet program performance objectives and productivity standards.
- Prepares concise, complete, and quality clinical and program documentation according to agency policy and system requirements and standards. Completes all of the required documentation and reports in a timely manner by meeting the agency standards.
- Performs program outreach and case finding functions in the community. Explains program policy and services to clients and others.
- Participates in training, supervision, consultations, and conferences. Attends school, community and service providers’ meeting.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other agencies, organizations, and natural supports on client evaluation, care plans, and follow-up to meet state and agency requirements and to ensure quality care to clients.
- Provides team back up when case coverage is needed and assists in the orientation and training of new staff, as requested.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Master’s degree in social or behavioral science:
Bachelor's degree in related field plus three (3) years of social service experience
Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of social service experience.
- Ability to provide effective and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Fluency in Spanish language preferred.
- Knowledge of: child development principles and characteristics of mental, behavioral, and emotional problems; current social/economic problems; interview techniques; individual and group behavior; treatment methods with children, and community resources.
- Ability to: work as a team member with professional and support staff; analyze and draw conclusions from case records; apply casework principles to individual situations; and exercise judgment and organize multiple tasks.
- Employee must have a vehicle or reliable transportation to fulfill job duties. If using a personal or an agency vehicle to fulfill job duties, must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under ACRS’s auto policy. If using a personal vehicle, must have current auto insurance
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of the Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, e-mail, and spreadsheet data entry. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
Sign-On Bonus: Not Eligible
Location: Asian Counseling and Referral Service - Main Office
EOE Statement: Asian Counseling and Referral Service is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. ACRS does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of a service animal, military or veteran status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those individuals requiring accommodation should notify ACRS in advance. ACRS is a Tobacco-Free Campus. This position is currently accepting applications.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish language preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLY HERE: https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?Internal=yes&ServerVar=asiancounselingandreferralservice.appone.com