Part-Time Administrative Assistant (20 hours/week)
- Job posted by Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation
Founded in 1977, The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation promotes equitable development and equal opportunity in Jamaica Plain, and adjacent neighborhoods through affordable housing, organizing, and economic opportunity initiatives. These combined services improve the lives of low-and-moderate income people, and create a better community for all.
The JPNDC’s Part-Time Administrative Assistant position provides bilingual administrative support to a staff of almost 30 in a community based, non-profit development corporation. Candidate must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work between the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
* Welcoming visitors to the office; directing them to the appropriate staff person, meetings, or to the appropriate Brewery tenants.
* Answering a multi-line telephone; screen calls for staff members, answering questions from the public and directing them to appropriate staff person.
* Editing/formatting and printing correspondences, reports, proposals or applications typed by other staff members.
* Arrange for package delivery and messenger services.
* Coordinate use and maintenance of JPNDC’s Newspaper Clipping Notebooks (as needed).
* Assisting with the maintenance of filing systems and updating member’s database.
* Manage supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
* Assisting with translation of JPNDC announcements, flyers, brochures, etc. (as needed).
* Provide administrative back up to support three Board of Directors and various Board committees (as needed).
* Provide administrative support to all departments; including scheduling meetings, and setting up meetings as need, as well as placing food orders.
* Receive payments for rent and child care fees.
* Maintain common areas, including kitchen, administrative storage, conference rooms, and spaces with office equipment. Assist in keeping the general office space in order and free of clutter.
* Setting up Audio and Visual equipment for meetings and/or trainings.
* Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
* Take accurate minutes of monthly staff meetings.
* Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Fluent in English/Spanish.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent verbal/written skills and organizational abilities
* Attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Previous experience in an office setting.
Part-Time employees are benefit eligible for all of JPNDC's Group Plans.
Level of Language Proficiency
The ideal candidate will be fluent in Spanish.
Minimum Education Required