Details: Competitive Salary and Benefits Offered.
2001 Mississippi Ave., SE
Job Responsibilities: The incumbent is responsible for the direct care and supervision of youth who reside in CHW’s Residential facilities in a manner which reflects the mission, philosophy and policies of Covenant House. Additionally, this position involves assisting the Residential Programs Director in matters pertaining to program administration, oversight of residential advising staff, and data collection and processing.
The responsibilities of the position for each respective program include:
· Assisting Director of Residential Programs in managing day-to-day activities according to Covenant House Washington Policies and Procedures.
· Ensuring the safety of all residents and security of facility, managing emergency situations in accordance with CHW policies and/or procedures.
· Establishing a positive rapport with the youth we serve while maintaining a professional relationship, respecting boundaries, and serving as a youth role model;
· When assigned, serving as youth “primary” contact, providing support and supervision to the youth in residence;
· Participating as Residential Advisor representative in youth Team Review Meetings as necessary
· Encouraging youth to maintain clean and neat living areas. Conducting weekly room/apartment inspections (or more frequently if deemed necessary); implementing follow-up plans and helping youth address cleaning issues as necessary.
· Assisting Director of Residential Programs with room/apt searches as requested, in accordance with CHW policies and procedures
· Assisting case managers in implementing youth ISP goals as requested
· In conjunction with Case Manager, implementing, leading and participating in group activities and meetings for youth as assigned.
· Maintaining an environment in which the needs of the youth are addressed in a manner that is comfortable, motivating, and secure for them.
· Providing informal counseling to youth in a manner that includes, respect, honesty, non-judgment and empathy.
· Become trained in and facilitate as needed, conflict resolution sessions between residents according to CHW protocol.
· Assists in maintaining youth files and documents contact with youth using the ETO database
- Assisting Director of Residential Programs and/or Operations Manager with addressing all maintenance issues, offering supervision and guidance to facilities maintenance intern(s) and coordinating large maintenance projects as applicable.
· Conducting monthly fire drills and completes all necessary paperwork.
STAFF SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinating Residential Advisor scheduling, ensuring coverage of all shifts.
· Participating in all required training and occasionally leading staff meetings.
· Assisting Director of Residential Programs in data collection and reporting as requested to maintain compliance with grant and other funding requirements;
· Maintaining receipts and appropriate documentation for all petty cash expenditures and submit to the Finance Department as required.
· Regular communication with outside agencies and community service providers for the purposes of client support and referral and augmenting services to residents
· Representing CHW as requested at service provider meetings in the community
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Skills Needed
Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum of 5 years working with at risk youth.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer proficiency required
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
· Considerable concentration.
· Constant interruptions.
· Moderate noise level.
· Moderate sitting, standing, eye strain, walking, bending and lifting.
· Ability to multitask.
· Ability to lift 30 pounds or more.
· Self-starter and takes initiative.
· Non-traditional work hours.
Comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, pension, 403b, life insurance and more.
Minimum Education Required