Details: commensurate with experience.
At New Leaders, we identify talented educators who believe that all kids can excel and equip them to transform schools and students’ lives. Our programs provide intensive training to leaders at all levels — from teachers to superintendents — so they have the skills to improve instruction, accelerate student learning, and build a brighter future for their communities.
We work hand-in-hand with our partners, delivering leadership solutions that build on their strengths and address their most pressing priorities. While each program is unique, all emphasize authentic practice and expert coaching to prepare leaders to elevate teaching and learning. We also help our partners develop the capacity to do this work in-house, using our proven training model and research-tested curriculum. Finally, we continuously evaluate our programs and research the conditions that foster effective school leadership, so that we can get better at what we do and advocate for policies and practices that allow schools and students to thrive.
In 2001, New Leaders launched its flagship Aspiring Principals program with a cohort of 14 participants. Since then, we’ve trained more than 3,200 outstanding education leaders in more than 30 districts and 100 charter schools. The New Leaders community annually reaches 500,000 students across the country, 78 percent of whom are from low-income families and 87 percent of whom are children of color. Moreover, we strive to cultivate leaders who reflect the communities we serve: 57 percent of our staff and two-thirds of Aspiring Principals alumni identify as people of color, compared with just 20 percent of principals nationally. Most importantly, our leaders get results where it matters most: in schools, for kids. Visit www.newleaders.org to learn more.
The Associate, Qualitative Analytics will be based out of a home office anywhere in the contiguous United States. This full-time position is available immediately.
The Associate, Qualitative Analytics plays a key role in support of New Leader’s mission of promoting high academic achievement for every child by conducting equitable and inclusive qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and generating insights in support of: (a) program evaluation; (b) organizational learning; (c) funder reporting; and (d) continuous improvement. The Associate, Qualitative Analytics also shares those findings with national and regional stakeholders throughout New Leaders in an accurate, timely, relevant, and actionable manner.
The Associate, Qualitative Analytics reports to the Senior Manager, Data Strategy and Analytics.
Support the design and development of survey and data collection tools to support accurate, timely, relevant, and actionable collection of New Leaders program data including playing a role in helping with:
- Content for program-related surveys for participants and staff, including drafting questions, aligning questions to program metrics, soliciting feedback from stakeholders, and formatting surveys for administration.
- Technology builds for surveys, and cross-collaborative work to ensure timely, effective administration, and high response rates.
- Tool development, as needed, to gather data on participant learning and/or participant practice.
- Developing systems, processes, and more efficient data collection practices for qualitative data, reporting, and analysis
Support accurate, timely, relevant, and actionable analyses and reporting of New Leaders’ program data including helping with:
- Descriptive and qualitative analyses of survey data for internal stakeholders, in both single engagements and across engagements.
- Analysis of participant learning measures, including supporting the sharing of actionable insights, in both single engagements and across engagements.
- Conducting exploratory impact and implementation analyses to support Learning Agenda priorities.
- The development and editing of Data Strategy and Analytics Sub-team data files, reports, briefs, and presentations.
- Evolving data collection needs.
Support the Data Strategy and Analytics Sub-team in ensuring responses to stakeholder requests for data and analysis are accurate, timely, relevant, and actionable by:
- Collaborating with the Associate, Evaluation to resolve requests within agreed upon timelines.
- Supporting data accuracy and accountability in partnership with program implementation quality assurance (QA).
- Providing timely feedback on online data reporting dashboards (Qlik platform) within a monthly develop and launch cycle.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Belief that every student, in every circumstance, can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence, and passionate commitment to New Leaders’ mission and vision.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build or cultivate personal relationships and relate to people from diverse backgrounds, sectors, and experiences.
- A deep commitment to working and communicating across lines of difference.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, while producing high-quality work without dropping the ball.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office Applications, particularly strong Excel skills, and familiarity and comfort with data systems. Significant experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Salesforce, SurveyGizmo, and Google sites desired.
- Ability to learn new technology systems quickly. Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, able to organize large amounts of information, and the ability to present complex information in an understandable and useful manner.
- Ability to support the development of measurement tools, such as observation rubrics preferred.
- Familiarity with designing, administering, and analyzing surveys; including engaging stakeholders in content development.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail with meticulous accuracy, and follows through on all tasks, large and small.
- Deep customer service orientation (ability to communicate about stakeholder needs, in both writing and verbally, across stakeholders and build relationships with other teams).
- Ability to communicate gracefully despite tight deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to explain data and analyses to non-research oriented stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, including identifying challenges, elevating when necessary, and actively working to find solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take high-levels of initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and a commitment to producing consistently high-quality work on short timelines.
- The ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- Strong learning orientation.
- Ability to respond to requests for data and analyses.
- Experience conducting quality assurance for quantitative and qualitative data resources.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience in the K-12, high-need education sector, or a strong familiarity with the issues and challenges of K-12 education; classroom experience a plus.
- At least 2-4 years of overall experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be able to travel periodically.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package and 401K.
Your cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in New Leaders as well as the position for which you are applying. If you are applying for more than one position, please specifically address each position you are applying for in your cover letter.
New Leaders is an equal opportunity employer. New Leaders evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, handicap, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital or familial status, family responsibilities, veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected by law in administration and operation of its Programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, or treatment or employment therein. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of such status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit an application of interest via the link provided below. (Copy and paste to browser, if needed)